Family Guy or The Simpsons?

Trusted Writer

DTVUSA Jr. Member
There are two animated series with a long-run background and often compared due to their similar satiric format based on a dysfunctional family, although none of the Family Guy's member have yellow skin, except for that issue of Mad Magazine where they were portrayed as yellowish as the popular Springfield family.

However I'm wondering why Family Guy has been cancelled and resurrected twice, and don't say it's due to its social criticism because I believe both TV series have a similar story format.

If you had to choose one, what you would prefer to watch and why?

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
At our household? We love Family Guy! Babie Stewey and Brian are great.....and the Star Wars episode has forever made it the coolest TV show ever in my book.

The Simpsons? it was a great show, but everything has been done.....over and over.....plus, how many years has it been on now? Seems like around 20?

Attachments

Froix

DTVUSA Member
19 seasons actually. That's a lot! I like both shows but if I had to pick one I'd go with Family Guy. Brian and Stewie are simply the best animated duo.

Trusted Writer

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I believe the long run of The Simpson's has exhausted the original concept of this show that, being unable to evolve, rolls back previously seen patterns.

For new TV watchers this may not be a major problem, but people following their episodes since the early days may get bored.

I do agree, Family Guy is a much better choice.

Attachments

green

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I agree that Family Guy is good but I am one of the few who still haven't gotten exhausted with watching the simpson's. I just can seem to get enough of them.

I have a some simpson's dvds and have watched them over and over again.

JamAce

DTVUSA Member
I would have to choose Family Guy, I almost always, laugh so hard till my stomach hurts with those hilarious duo Brian and Stewie.

What I like on The Simpsons are the halloween episodes. Its. auhm.. different from those regular episodes.

illytodd

DTVUSA Member
I would have to go with Family Guy, it's hasn't quite gotten old yet like the Simpsons has. To me, Family guy has more mature humor and the characters are just so silly.

teresa

DTVUSA Member
It's the Simpsons for me. I never did start watching the show until way late, so they're all pretty new to me. I watch tv to be entertained and the Simpsons makes me laugh. I'd rather watch the Simpsons than South Park or Family Guy.

Froix

DTVUSA Member
The Simpsons gets kind of repetitive but there's still life in there. I like it more when they spoof movies and TV shows and the yearly Halloween specials of course just never gets old.

JamAce

DTVUSA Member
Simpsons is all that good and what really makes Simpsons desirable are those famous celebrity guests. I hope they would guest my all time favorite Jim Carey. :D

bighoss

DTVUSA Member
i like both the simpsons and family guy. however, i would defintely choose family guy over the simpsons. i love the flashbacks that occur in every episode! brian and stewie could easily have their own spinoff....

It's the Simpsons for me. I never did start watching the show until way late, so they're all pretty new to me. I watch tv to be entertained and the Simpsons makes me laugh. I'd rather watch the Simpsons than South Park or Family Guy.
While I did like the Star Wars spoof Blue Harvest on Family Guy, I agree with Teresa about the Simpsons' power to entertain, even though I have been watching the show since 1990 and therefore not a newbie to it.

I grew up watching The Simpsons (One of the greatest animation ever in human history), but when I heard about Family Guy I tried to watch it and viola it caught my attention I love watching Family Guy more than I love watching The Simpsons.

Last edited:

Mattrick

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I'm going with Family Guy. The Simpsons is just old to me. repetitive, and boring now, Family Guy is wacky and hilarious, I love the show. So I'm picking Family Guy over The Simpsons.

nick

DTVUSA Member
I like family guy when comparing with the Simpson. The family guy has the 7th season and still the same funny moments. I like cartoon shows and especially this one rocks...