Favorite Judge is.....

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
My vote goes to Simon. Yep, he is very sarcastic, but one thing I can always count on is him being honest and 9/10 times he is right on the money. Granted, he does take it a bit far at times, but there just wouldn't be an AI without him. My least favorite judge is definitely Paula, for so many different reasons there should be an entirely different thread about her.

JamAce

DTVUSA Member
Exactly! Paula Abdul doesn't even know what she's talking about. All I hear is Blah blah blah blah. Why does she have to say so less in a time so long?

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
Yes, Paula is just extremely irritating to me. I used to really like her during the earlier seasons, but she has just went downhill each season. Her laughing and being silly while these contestants are nervously waiting on a stage with millions of people watching is just rude.

JamAce

DTVUSA Member
There was once this incident on Paula Abdul where after the first song of each contestant, She actually thought that it was Jason Casto's second. Well, I don't reall know what happened after then but 1 things for sure, it brought up issues in american idol.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
Oh yeah, I remember that, and that's where all the controversy started about AI being rehearsed and rigged. Apparently all the judges get to see the performances before the contestants go live, and that kind of takes away the whole concept of "live" performance to most. Yep, and that's only one of the things Paula has done over the seasons. I really hope she either straightens up or is replaced next season.

bighoss

DTVUSA Member
paula is easily the worst judge. simon is about the only one who tries to be honest with the contestants. paula almost always repeats what randy says.

Froix

DTVUSA Member
Paula's constant stuttering is brutal. They could easily replace Paula, Randy and even Seacrest and keep their ratings but the producers are a bunch of idiots. They're too scared to make a move. For the most part, it's the contestants that make the show, not these guys.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
Paula's constant stuttering is brutal. They could easily replace Paula, Randy and even Seacrest and keep their ratings but the producers are a bunch of idiots. They're too scared to make a move. For the most part, it's the contestants that make the show, not these guys.
In a way I agree with you Froix. The contestants do make the show, but take Simon away and I guarantee this show would sink right down into the canceled shows gutter before long. Paula though, can and should be replaced. Her stuttering and long winded advice that always sounds the same and never means anything makes it really annoying to watch.

MacGyver

DTVUSA Member
Does Simon have to be so brutal, though? These poor people are out there pouring their hearts out and he just shoots them down. Yeah, some of the contestants may just be there for their moment of fame. I don't know how some of them even make it that far. But, he could be a little less brutal about it, in my opinion.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
There are some instances I think Simon has went way too far too, but still, I think a lot of it is done for the ratings. People will tune in just to see him be rude. His explanation is that what he says is nothing compared what they would go through in the music business, and that he is just preparing them or letting them know that they have no chance. But still, when he called a kid a "bush baby" because of his big eyes, I think he took it a bit too far. It's one thing to out down their vocal talents, but an entirely different matter when he attacks them physically.

Froix

DTVUSA Member
I've seen Simon in a few interviews and I don't think his brutal honesty thing is an act and yeah I agree the show won't be the same without this guy.