Favorite Star Trek Scne

myvibe

DTVUSA Rookie
I was browsing through Youtube and saw a clip from my favorite Star Trek Episode. I love this scene. If you're a sci-fi fan you have to remember the ultimate fight scene between Spock and Capt. Kirk.

[YOUTUBE]XyhhFzE5O5U[/YOUTUBE]

christyanne

DTVUSA Member
How come Spock didn't react with that shot to the groin??? I hit a raquet ball at my brothers fam jewels one time and he didn't get up for 5 minutes! :)

Because Spock is a Vulcan, which means they do not express emotion. (They go through some sort of ritual where the emotions are supressed so they won't get out of control) i think pain falls into the same category but only to an extent.

Tuvok on Star Trek: Voyager was full-blooded Vulcan though (Spock's only 1/2) so there was no way any emotion would slip through like it occasionally did with Spock.

The only time Vulcans express emotion is during their mating ritual. i cannot spell the term but that's what it means.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Because Spock is a Vulcan, which means they do not express emotion. (They go through some sort of ritual where the emotions are supressed so they won't get out of control) i think pain falls into the same category but only to an extent.

Tuvok on Star Trek: Voyager was full-blooded Vulcan though (Spock's only 1/2) so there was no way any emotion would slip through like it occasionally did with Spock.

The only time Vulcans express emotion is during their mating ritual. i cannot spell the term but that's what it means.
haha DTV, you know your star trek! Sad thing is, I would have answered it with the same detail had you not beat me to it!! :cool:

Heck since my beloved pet deer died i have made the hours i used to spend with her my Star Trek time. first with TOS (Original Series) then The Next Generation, Voyager, and the many movies (Wrath of Khan is the BEST!!!) but i never could get into Deep Space 9, or Enterprise. DS9 was always so soap-opera-like (space station, talk talk talk boring! not to mention it was during daytime TV anyways, no surprise) and Enterprise was just 'too different' it wasn't at all like the others, at all. looked like a cheap copy.

But let's say i learned a bit after watching the series' over and over and over again.