Favorite Web-Exclusive Series (Regular-length shows on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, etc.)

tmcmeekin

DTVUSA Member
Any shows exclusive to a service like Netflix instant, Hulu, Amazon instant, etc. (and did not premiere on broadcast or cable first) could technically be considered a "web series." Some of these might be re-broadcast or available on DVD later, but they debuted as streaming show.

Netflix exclusives include House of Cards, Hemlock Grove, Orange is the New Black, and a new season of Arrested Development. Hulu has Battleground, Spoilers, A Day in the Life, (and a bunch of series that aired in other countries on TV, but are streaming-only in the U.S.) Amazon has had Alpha House, Betas, and several other pilots that may become series in the future. These are just the biggest examples, but I predict many more companies will be entering the streaming video race in the coming years.

What are some of your favorite full-length shows that are exclusive to web-streaming services?

(Click here for a thread discussing indie web series ... and here for a thread discussing shorter series by major networks)

bunny22

DTVUSA Member
Orange is the New Black is one of my favorites, it is both funny and interesting to see what life in the prison system is like. Laverne Cox is fantastic, and she is a great spokesperson for the LGBT community. The rest of the cast is great, too, but Kate Mulgrew (Red) and Uzo Aduba (Crazy Eyes) have particularly interesting characters to play.

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
Orange is the New Black is one of my favorites, it is both funny and interesting to see what life in the prison system is like. Laverne Cox is fantastic, and she is a great spokesperson for the LGBT community. The rest of the cast is great, too, but Kate Mulgrew (Red) and Uzo Aduba (Crazy Eyes) have particularly interesting characters to play.
Ok I have now decided to watch Orange is the New Black... just because you made it seem very interesting to watch... Now only if I can find the time. Or weather or not. I have the "mental breaks" so to speak to sit and what a series right now. LOL