Favourite show as child

jerseygirl

DTVUSA Member
Recently I was watching TV with my children and I suddenly thought I was back in older times.

My children had found a "new" TVshow they really liked.
That "new" show was "Our little house". I remember to have watched it as a child myself together with my parents.:welcome:

So what was your favourite show in TV as a child?

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
I think my favorite show was definitely Voltron as a kid. I never watched the original airing of it but my older brother had taped both seasons of it back in the mid 80's, and I couldn't get enough of it! Was a great cartoon! I even had the Voltron action figure set. :) The plot was pretty cool; a team of (I think) 5 soldiers who piloted robot lions that (if needed!) could all form together to make a large giant robot "Voltron"! lol.

Piggie

Super Moderator
I think my favorite show was definitely Voltron as a kid. I never watched the original airing of it but my older brother had taped both seasons of it back in the mid 80's, and I couldn't get enough of it! Was a great cartoon! I even had the Voltron action figure set. :) The plot was pretty cool; a team of (I think) 5 soldiers who piloted robot lions that (if needed!) could all form together to make a large giant robot "Voltron"! lol.
It was a toss up between Tom and Jerry or Mr Science. I was a nerd as a kid, still am.

Ever seen a pig using a pocket protector? lol :mad:)

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
It was a toss up between Tom and Jerry or Mr Science. I was a nerd as a kid, still am.

Ever seen a pig using a pocket protector? lol :mad:)
:becky:

Actually most of the Saturday morning Bugs Bunny and friends shows were my favorite too, (I think Tom and Jerry was also televised on Saturday's too). Haven't seen those shows in years.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
This will age me, but my favorites were shows like Laramie, Wagon Train, The Patty Duke Show, My Three Sons, The Dick Van Dyke Show, Combat, and on she goes. I was a TV watcher from the crib onward!

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
Leave it to Beaver, My Three Sons, Mr Ed and Perry Mason. The good old days. With the happenings in my life these days, the good old days sure would be nice to live again;)

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Guess I should add in Happy Days too (again, all reruns when I watched in the early 80's), was one of those feel good shows after coming home from school and working on homework. :) I've still never seen the infamous "Jump the shark" episode with the Fonzie. :)

jerseygirl

DTVUSA Member
Does anybody remember "Daktari"?
I watched it as a child while we were living in Europe (my father was a member of the troops).

And of course the Dick van Dyke show was one of my favorites.

Anything on Nickelodeon then. that was about the only channel i saw when i was a kiddie.

The Adventures of the Little Koala (on Youtube now)

You Can't Do That On Television (Youtube too, also it's where Nick got their slime from, taped in Ontario Canada, Nickelodeon today has never given them credit on their slime gag, which was started on that show when an actor said 'I Don't Know')

David the Gnome

the list goes on and on and on and on....

There was also the original ABC Kids Club, before Disney got hold of it, which had Star Trek: The Animated Series, Popples, etc

Then it was Disney's 1-Saturday Morning, which revived the show Doug, which ended on Nickelodeon, and had Pepper Ann, Hercules (Series) etc.

Nickelodeon went into the 1990s with Hey Dude, Salute your shorts, clarrissa explains it all, and the start of their 'get up and play' shows, 'Nick Games and Sports, or Nick G-A-S, which included Guts, Figure it out, Nick Arcade, Get the Picture, Double Dare, and others. eventually it got its own channel which showed reruns of the old and recent, and then recently got switched over to The N, a teen channel. RIP G-A-S.

I got tons of the classic Nickelodeon shows i grew up with on my hard drive, with the original 1982 Silver Pinball IDs, complete with their signoff, and a slew of commercials from that era.

Here's what happened at 8PM CDT in 1982 when Nickelodeon went to infomercials (this was before Nick @ Nite):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_jSLCgL32E

Notice how they had endorsement from the NEA back then. where is that now?

If anyone wants to see an old 1980s show from that channel or others, ask. i have youtube links to many of them saving tons of time finagling with the crappy search engine Youtube has.

Voltron: Defender of the Universe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q45Hyn9wFvQ

Someone mentioned the Thundercats:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuiZJP8cxoM

SWAT Kats, the Radical Squadron:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9ALTlPXVRo

Last edited: