First It Worked, then It Doesn't!

cjecats

DTVUSA Rookie
Really ticked that we are forced to buy something we don't want. I got the government coupons, bought APEX DT250A digital converter, hooked it up to my office JVC TV (with VCR/DVD combo machine) and everything worked fine for two weeks. Suddenly, it doesn't work. Only get a few syllables, maybe a few words, per a minute of show or commercial. Can't get most of the channels that I was getting when I first installed it. It loses its programming, I've reprogrammed it several times, but still does not keep its programming. What's up??! I have not changed anything. Thanks for any useable advice!

Really ticked that we are forced to buy something we don't want. I got the government coupons, bought APEX DT250A digital converter, hooked it up to my office JVC TV (with VCR/DVD combo machine) and everything worked fine for two weeks. Suddenly, it doesn't work. Only get a few syllables, maybe a few words, per a minute of show or commercial. Can't get most of the channels that I was getting when I first installed it. It loses its programming, I've reprogrammed it several times, but still does not keep its programming. What's up??! I have not changed anything. Thanks for any useable advice!
My best guess is that the box is bad you can return it for a replacement I would hope or for your money back at least some of the best reviews have been for the insignia from best buy or the zenith both made by LG.:)

Tim58hsv

DTVUSA Member
I bught an Apex at Best Buy a few weeks back. It worked for about a week and then no picture. The menu would work and said to scan for channels again but...nothing still. Took it back to best buy and exchanged it for an Insignia.

Insignia should be a good one as it's the exact same as the Zenith.