Food programs

I love to watch all of the food programs, especially stuff like Iron Chef (but nothing with Rachel Ray :p). But I can only watch them when I'm at a hotel for business or vacation because I just don't have the channels at home. If I did, nothing would get done at home.

Count me as a food program groupie

I really like most of the food shows, even Rachel's. I really like Paula Deen, but find her Paula's Party a little overdone sometimes. I've gotten some good food prep ideas in watching the shows, especially Barefoot Contessa's recipes.

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
I love to watch all of the food programs, especially stuff like Iron Chef (but nothing with Rachel Ray :p).
I love the food network, and the Iron Chef is definitely one of my top 3 fav programs on there! I'm a bigger fan of the Japanese version than Iron Chef America, but I think the American translators add a little flavor/comedy to it.....

There's something calming about watching people cook, especially Emerill....he has such a huge persona, presence, and control of the audience.

Alton Brown is great too; to call him a food geek would be a major understatemet.

If I were told that I were only be able to receive 2 channels on my TV at home, I'd be perfectly content with The Food Network, and Discovery Channel.

Food Network TV Link

I guess part of my love of watching the cooking programs is that I'm such a foodie. For me, cooking is almost therapuetic because I can focus on what I'm doing and tune out the world. My dad was a professional chef and taught me the skills I have.

I love the show "Good Eats" because the host is so eccentric. It also has a lot of interesting information on foods and how the science behind it.

I don't think people realize how much science takes place in the kitchen. If you think about it, it's a lot like chemistry. Mix the correct ingredients and a wonderful creation comes to life. Mix the wrong ingredients and yuck! :)

teresa

DTVUSA Member
I like watching Ace of Cakes with Duff Goldman. Have you seen some his creations? He made a Cinderella Coach cake for a young girls birthday party that was amazing. It was the coach, the horses, and it was guilded in edible gold. Beautiful.

Here's the funny thing about cooking/food shows. My 12 year old son is likes to sit down and watch the show with me and my wife. He is such a foodie it's really funny. He's already planning on taking cooking classes when he's in high school.

teresa

DTVUSA Member
Here's the funny thing about cooking/food shows. My 12 year old son is likes to sit down and watch the show with me and my wife. He is such a foodie it's really funny. He's already planning on taking cooking classes when he's in high school.
I hear you. Despite the fact that I taught my son and daughter to cook at an early age, the food network was never on their list of shows to watch. But now, my son is married and he and his wife watch the food network regularly and my daughter, a college student also has her favorite shows on there. Go figure.