Football Players Dance?!

dtvnerd

DTVUSA Member
After watching this show and seeing the football players move like they do, it really shows the athleticism it takes to play football. Who knew such big men could move so nimbly across a stage?

Byte24

DTVUSA Member
haha no kidding. I knew Jerry Rice would have some moves for sure, being as wide receivers are the most nimble, in-shape, and fastest guys on the football field, but who knew Warren Sapp could move so good? Well, not good enough, but the guy could still get around on the dance floor.

Ricardo

DTVUSA Member
I think I've heard of some football players spending some time studying dance, maybe even ballet.

I guess the skills of dance can translate to the football field.

dtvnerd

DTVUSA Member
I think I've heard of some football players spending some time studying dance, maybe even ballet.

I guess the skills of dance can translate to the football field.
That's a good point. I guess if you look at some of the sports closely, there are many similarities. Football and dance for example have very coordinated plays (or steps) in which they need to be executed. The player (or dancer) needs to remember the entire routine.

misha

DTVUSA Member
If you play a professional sport, and you move around as much as these athletes do, you should be able to do many different things. Playing football doesn't just limit you to doing that only.

If you play a professional sport, and you move around as much as these athletes do, you should be able to do many different things. Playing football doesn't just limit you to doing that only.
Exactly what I have in mind as well. Dancing is also a physical activity just like any other sport so if your a professional athlete, it should also follow that dancing is not impossible for you although you might look awkward or unmanly for others.

Matt

DTVUSA Rookie
Exactly what I have in mind as well. Dancing is also a physical activity just like any other sport so if your a professional athlete, it should also follow that dancing is not impossible for you although you might look awkward or unmanly for others.
When I was a kid, my pops always told me I had two left feet. ;) I used to think it was a compliment.

I love watching the football players on the dance floor. They are so big--but they have the moves. Lawrence Taylor is such a big guy--but he glides across the floor. They all remind me of giant teddy bears..lol