Forum Layout

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
Jay, are you able to adjust the layout of the top column on the forum, or is it just part of the template that can't be changed? I'm speaking of where the 'bookmark' icon is, the one with all the links to google, myspace, etc. I'm having a heck of a time with that. It might just be my computer, but when I go to the top to hit 'new posts', that dang bookmark thing opens up and just stays open and half the time I end up clicking on it and going somewhere I don't want to be.

Again, maybe it's jsut my computer, but is it possible to move that 'bookmark' thing to the right so that it's not so close to the 'new posts' button?

Hey -- nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
Great feedback Orry, it's something that never really dawned on me because my screen resolution is so wide that the book mark popup is under the "Forum Info" link. I'll play around with that this weekend and find a good spot for it. Maybe in the navbar between arcade and Quick Links.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
I think that's a great place for it, and thank you for not coming down on me for not having a large screen resolution. I suppose I might the next time I get a new computer, but for various reasons, I still use 800x600. It didn't occur to me that could be the reason for it, but it probably is. I'm usually hesitant to mention something if I know it's a screen resolution issue because I tend to get lambasted for being in the dark ages.

I think that's a great place for it, and thank you for not coming down on me for not having a large screen resolution. I suppose I might the next time I get a new computer, but for various reasons, I still use 800x600. It didn't occur to me that could be the reason for it, but it probably is. I'm usually hesitant to mention something if I know it's a screen resolution issue because I tend to get lambasted for being in the dark ages.
Don't feel bad about screen resolution Orry, I'm the only one at work that refuses to adjust above 1280 x 1024. Our IT guy gives me grief about it every time he walks by my computer. ;)