Question: Forum logs me out / times out ?

bunny22

DTVUSA Member
Multiple times I've been in the middle of typing a post, and when I go to post it, I've been logged out. Or I have multiple browser tabs open, and when I come back to the forum, I'm logged out (even after just a couple minutes).

Are there any known issues or does anyone else have this problem?

Lily13

DTVUSA Member
I also tend to have such problems, I've never actually been logged out in the middle of writing a post but I do sometimes get logged out if I like stop posting attention to the forum and go back after give minutes. And on my phone, sometimes I don't visit the forum using it for a week and when I do it, I see that I've been logged in all week long! Weird

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
Multiple times I've been in the middle of typing a post, and when I go to post it, I've been logged out. Or I have multiple browser tabs open, and when I come back to the forum, I'm logged out (even after just a couple minutes).

Are there any known issues or does anyone else have this problem?
I also tend to have such problems, I've never actually been logged out in the middle of writing a post but I do sometimes get logged out if I like stop posting attention to the forum and go back after give minutes. And on my phone, sometimes I don't visit the forum using it for a week and when I do it, I see that I've been logged in all week long! Weird
Let me check into it. Which browsers are you using?

Also, did you select the "Remember Me" ticker when logging in? Do any other sites/forums give you this problem?

One thing I've been doing since before the WWW even existed -- literally back 25 years with FidoNet, etc. -- is I always, reflexively copy a post before I push "Post" or "Submit" or whatever they call it. Once you get in the habit, it's a hard one to break. It has saved my life hundreds of times -- probably a dozen times just on this site.

Sequence on a PC for any vBulletin Forum:
Ctrl+End
Shift+Ctrl+Home
Ctrl+C

Now post is copied, so if you run into any trouble, open a text file and dump it in der -- you're covered. Internet can go out at any time.

Rick

bunny22

DTVUSA Member
I'm using Firefox, and I did check remember me sometimes, but not every time I sign in (I have logged out intentionally as well). I haven't noticed this problem on any other sites.

I don't mind signing in if I've been away from the computer for a few hours, but it just seemed to be happening 3-4 times an hour when I was actually using the forum, so I wanted to see if it was a common issue or just me.

And @ Rickideemus - I do try to copy longer posts or just write them in a text file in the first place, when I remember...

Last edited: