Forum Updates

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
Wanted to post a note about an update that we're performing to the forum today...

You may notice some odd placement of buttons and text, but rest assured that we are busy debugging and working to restore all features to the forum by midnight.

The overall functionality of the forum will remain online during this process, and you should not lose any postings/threads during this time.

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
Day 3, we're 80% through the update.

You may have noticed that we've switched from a fluid width to a fixed width design on the overall layout of our website. With switching to the fixed layout, we're gaining an overall cleaner appearance and easier platform to design around for different sized monitors and screen resolutions. Hope it's not a pain for some of you that prefer the fluid design, in fact, I've been a big fan of fluid design over the years myself...but I'm hoping this change will allow for easier future modifications to the forum.

The major overhaul this coming month will be the landing page at DTV USA Forum - DTV and HDTV News. We're still trying to figure out if we're going to convert to a wordpress layout for news (like we're testing at DTVUSAForum News - Digital and HD News : DTVUSAForum News) or keep the current content management system (which appears to match our overall layout better but offers horrible search engine optimization for content).

Please leave any feedback (good or bad) in this thread, especially if you have any problems.