Fox news on c band?

hi all,

i'm new to this, having possibly inherited a c band big dish and receiver. looking online for info, it looks like fox news is available only as part of a package deal, and the cheapest package costs more than dish network or dtv.

does anyone know if there is a source for fox news a la cart or as part of a small but lower cost package?

there are other channels i would like to watch as well, but most of those are avail fta or a la cart.

any advice appreciated!

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
hi all,

i'm new to this, having possibly inherited a c band big dish and receiver. looking online for info, it looks like fox news is available only as part of a package deal, and the cheapest package costs more than dish network or dtv.

does anyone know if there is a source for fox news a la cart or as part of a small but lower cost package?

there are other channels i would like to watch as well, but most of those are avail fta or a la cart.

any advice appreciated!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
:welcome: TightBudget,

Although not related to c-band, Fox HDTV is available over-the-air FREE in most of the Continental USA, sometimes needing only rabbit ears to receive it. Have you experimented with free OTA reception?
Jim

thanks jim, i think you mean fox network (tv shows), and I'm looking for the fox news channel (FNC)... definitely not available over the air, only in costly cable and sat packages. i'm just lookin for the lowest cost package that includes it.

willcail

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Here is a link that a OTA station that airs Fox "News" RabbitEars.Info WDCA is a News Corp O and O. If there are equipment to receive DTV muticast via a C band dish then here you go. Or if you have a Sprint Cell Phone that have the Sprint TV feature it does offer real time streaming of Fox "News" BTW all cable news networks doesn't have any real value to them.

ajc_trw

DTVUSA Member
C-Band chart

hi all,

any advice appreciated!
You can look here

C-Band Chart

The page is old (2006) but has a link to the latest channel positions at LyngSat. Hope this helps.

hi all,

any advice appreciated!
Digital subscriptioning for c-band is in transition, because Motorola who created and authorized the 4dtv (digital cband) receivers dropped taking care of them. Skyvision and satelliteguys.us forums (FTA section under 4dtv or just FTA) is where to keep an eye open for this. Fox News Channel right now I dont see a way to subscribe to since Motorola dropped us. These guys are working on keeping c-band subscriptions alive and will be adding back alot of the things we lost, hopefully if they keep/get enough subscribers after the lies told about c-band dying to sell pizza dishes. C-band is not dead. For now you can listen to fox news channel on the internet for the most part FOX News Talk - New York, NY - Listen Online or try FOX News Radio or FOX News Talk The chart provided you is for analog only.. which is pretty limited. There's alot more out there with a digital or mpeg type receiver and KU, depends on the reciever you got. Follow the forums at satelliteguys.us you'll learn what to do in your situation.

Last edited:

dgt02

DTVUSA Rookie
Sky Angel carries Fox News (the live channel just like cable) in their $20/month Family Package which has about a dozen other channels. It streams at about 800K (they say you need 1.5MB download speed). You need to purchase or rent an IPTV box from them. It's not the best quality but for news it's "good enough". It also hangs a couple times a day, just need to hit the play button on the remote when this happens. I have the Sky Angel box output to an RF modulater output channel 4 with a Radio Shack "joiner" (like a splitter) and join it with a DTV antenna so I can view it on all TV sets in the house using the same cable I used before I cut the cord with cable TV.

Anyone with a TV signal can also stream a channel at a time remotely over the internet using a Slingbox if you travel or want to stream from a house to wherever you are with a Windows PC, iPhone/iPod Touch or Android device.

The Fox News Channel is available at DISH Network in our America's Top 120 programming package for $29.99 for 12 months and then $44.99 after the 12 month promotion.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M DirecTV 0
V DirecTV 0
B Comcast 0