Fox TV Blackout Tests Old Giants Fans’ Ingenuity

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
From The New York Times:

“We’re like little kids again, getting together and scratching around to catch the game,” Mr. Kent said. “Some guys are listening to it on the radio, like the old days. Some guys are buying expensive satellite services or going to bars. I got a guy in my building who put up an antenna.”
Link to original article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/27/nyregion/27giantsfans.html

FOX TV

Contributor
This Fox vs Dish Network and Cablevision dispute could be the best thing to happen to over-the-air in years....
I agree on that one !! Lets hope it happens. The re-broadcasting of TV content has always been undervalued by those who think that since the public gets the signals for "Free", that they should be able to get them for free, or for very little cost themselves. This is nothing but typical capitalist greed on the part of the signal resellers, as they put very little value on the costs involved in providing those signals to the public for "FREE".

They want to give as little as possible for content, and resell it for as much as possible. Has your cable or satellite bill ever gone down? Not a chance in this world that will ever happen. They offer "Introductory offers" with non cancellation clauses that lock you in to a contract, and even if you don't like the service, you have to pay to get out of the contract, and that is just plain wrong. If you bought a car with faulty brakes and wanted to return it, you have consumer protection in that regard, but not in regards to other types of inferior services such as pay TV, or Cell phone contracts.

Wouldn't it be nice just for once to see a letter saying that "Due to decreased costs, we are lowering your monthly bill !! " We all know what a fantasy that one is, and capitalist greed is contributing to the ever increasing depressed economy that we now live among, and only a drastic political change from the President, all the way down to the Mayors janitor will ever change that.

This is not a party specific issue, and it applies to all politicians. Join the "Peoples Party" which only exists in the hearts and minds of the American voter, as every Government official elected in the last 25 years or so is only interested in advancing their own agenda, and increasing their own political and economic value. These people are supposed to be doing the "Peoples Work", but they really only care about their own agendas, or that of their own particular parties beliefs.

We do have the power to change that, and that power is called "Voting". Read, listen, investigate, and use your own intelligence to ask yourself "Are they representing me, or their own agenda or that of their party, and are their decisions made in support of the people, or of their party?" GET OUT AND VOTE !!

I will end by including this editorial comment sent to my local newspaper just a few minutes ago.............

How can any intelligent American or elected official put any faith in our lying president. During one of his campaign speeches, he told 7 lies in just over 4 minutes.

1. He promised to “Make government more transparent to ensure that
governments business is the peoples business” LIE
2. “We will eliminate earmarks from bills” (THE HEALTH CARE BILL HAS
THOUSANDS OF THEM) LIE
3. “Meetings will be more open, The government will not operate in secrecy” (THE
HEALTH CARE BILL WAS NEVER EVEN AVAILABLE TO BE READ BEFORE IT
WAS VOTED ON) LIE
4. “Bills will be posted online for 5 days so people can read them before they are
voted on” LIE
5. “Meetings with lobbyists will be shown online” LIE
6. “You will know the names of businesses that will benefit from lobbying deals” LIE
7. “Pork Barrel projects will be posted online so the people can see if their elected
officials are doing their job” LIE

Not a single one of these promises has ever been kept, and this is just a small sample of the hundreds of lies our “President” has told in the last few years. When will he be held accountable for those lies, and when will those that support him be held in account? If someone lies under oath, they serve jail time, so why should that be different for the president, for he took an oath on inauguration day, but has forgotten what that oath represented, and seemingly, does not care, and that should not go unpunished !!
He even said that Americans that do not agree with his AGENDA are the enemy, and that we should sit "IN THE BACK OF THE BUS", now if that doesn't smack of racism (Referring to Rosa Parks) then nothing else does either. I just don't understand how intelligent thinking people can support this type of "Leadership", if it can honestly be called that.

You don't have to believe me...You can see for yourself here ...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UErR7i2onW0. This was recorded during one of his campaign speeches..From his own lying mouth.."Now that's change you can believe in" or is it?

Until honesty is restored in Washington, the people of this country will suffer, and your vote is the only way this can happen. GET OUT AN VOTE!!

Last edited:

dkreichen1968

Staff member
I'd add that we need to be involved in local party politics. The two big tent partys have particular agendas that only change when individuals get organized and change them. Many of those agendas overlap. Can either major party say that they haven't supported policies that encouraged businesses to move their manufacturing overseas? Globalist Republicans, Globalist Democrats!!! Then they blame each other for the lack of jobs. Maybe, they need to both look in the mirror.

FOX TV

Contributor
Nice antenna design. Is it for VHF high? It looks somewhat large to be UHF unless the picture is just deceiving. I have used aluminum foil as a back-plain myself on prototypes. There's no cheaper way to see if a concept works and is worthy of more effort and expense. Kinda similar to the Clear stream C-5 for VHF high, but they also use a shorting bar in the middle to make it work on the lower VHF high channels.

On a separate but important topic, our local city council also needs to be replaced. They implemented a local 20% meals tax to shore up the schools last year, and one council member own several restaurants in the city, and he delayed his meals tax payments to the city by 8 months to pay business debts. How is that for thinking that he is above the law, and in fact he was one of the original proponents of the meals tax bill in the first place. How is that for irony and the level of their thinking about how elite they think they are? Absolutely ridicules !!! We need to kick em all out from the lying president, all the way down to the mayors janitor as I said before, and start a campaign to have the lying self anointed messiah who has no clothes impeached !!

A few interesting links from Governor Jessie Ventura http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAaQNACwaLw&feature=fvw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ssly_uYw7sw&feature=related

Watch it now, or at least before Tuesday, or move to the back of the bus !!

Last edited:

dkreichen1968

Staff member
Nice antenna design. Is it for VHF high? It looks somewhat large to be UHF unless the picture is just deceiving. I have used aluminum foil as a back-plain myself on prototypes. There's no cheaper way to see if a concept works and is worthy of more effort and expense. Kinda similar to the Clear stream C-5 for VHF high, but they also use a shorting bar in the middle to make it work on the lower VHF high channels.
It's sitting on a 13" TV, which probably makes it look a lot larger than it is. Works best for high UHF. It's a 6" wide x 3 3/4" high loop. I'm currently using it to receive analog channel 51, and it gives me a good picture. The reflector adds about 20% more signal based on my RCA DTA800B1.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
U DirecTV 131
U DirecTV 2
G DirecTV 4