FOX TV New Antenna (Patent Pending) Data and research and news.

nbound-au, why do you need to go on and on about this? Maybe you didn't notice, but I offered an alternative explanation for the echo. There may be others. I think FOX also indicated he's open to alternate answers. Why is it so vital your very unlikely explanation be the sine qua non in this case?

Since it's so important to you, you can have the last word. But I really think you'd be better off looking for ways to "hold companionship in peace/With honour, as in war." (Shakespeare, Coriolanus Act iii. Scene 2.)

I mean, do you honestly think "noone [sic]" involved in the discussion understood your argument about coax length and speed of light the first time?

Rick

Last edited by a moderator:

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
I'm not taking sides here but just to comment on a couple of things

FOX, huh? Give us a freeking break ... what you wrote is absolute nonsense.
This statement is worse than anything Bicker (Those of us that have been here long enough to remember him) wrote to correct people on the forum. Poorly chosen words.
You accusing me of LYING so it seems, and that is where I draw the line. This forum is dying, and when you accuse someone of lying, it detracts greatly from the integrity and believability of this forum as a place to find TRUE INFORMATION!

Once someone gets elevated to a position of ""IMPORTANCE" here ( IN THEIR OWN MIND) they reserve the right to call someone a liar. YOUR INSINUATIONS ARE SIMPLY WRONG, AND OUT OF PLACE, AS WELL AS INSULTING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bit of an over reaction.

Calm down mate, noone called you a liar or an idiot...

Fringe said "what you wrote is absolute nonsense" (emphasis mine). Which from a physics standpoint is absolutely correct. There is a big difference between saying an opinion is nonsense and calling someone a liar/idiot. Fringe did not do that, and it would be well out of character for him if ever he did.
You forgot the first sentence in Fringe's first response.

nbound-au

The Graveyard Shift
nbound-au, why do you need to go on and on about this? Maybe you didn't notice, but I offered an alternative explanation for the echo.
2 posts, directed at 2 different people is considered going on about something? Im sorry? I thought I was discussing it with you, you suggested I wasnt taking into account the separate antenna, so I simply tried to show I was. You also suggested that FOX TV may have specific experience that gives him insight into this kind of thing, so i again was just trying to say that my expertise isnt limited to antennas (and I havent mentioned much about my other work on this forum, as it is DTVForum). I didnt realise that this would provoke such a reaction, and if you feel I was being condescending, or argumentative - I offer you my complete and sincerest apologies - It was not intended to come across that way.

There may be others. I think FOX also indicated he's open to alternate answers. Why is it so vital your very unlikely explanation be the sine qua non in this case?

Since it's so important to you, you can have the last word. But I really think you'd be better off looking for ways to "hold companionship in peace/With honour, as in war." (Shakespeare, Coriolanus Act iii. Scene 2.)
It isnt... Why on Earth would I care about what some person on the other side of the planet thinks about his TVs and cabling? The only reason I entered this thread at all was because I considered Fringe's treatment by FOX TV to be unfair.

I mean, do you honestly think "noone [sic]" involved in the discussion understood your argument about coax length and speed of light the first time?

Rick
I did see the smiley, which I think was completely uncalled for... but I will point out that noone is much more common outside of the US (though still isnt considered the standard spelling).
Explanatory Wiktionary link here - noone - Wiktionary

Even if id put in 10 O's an X and an F, and completely stuffed it up, Im sure I wouldnt be the only person here who has made a spelling mistake or used an odd spelling or wording, Im sure you probably have... Would I pull you up on it? Nope.

Hell as far as Im concerned you all spell weird: -ize/-ise, mom/mum, meter/metre, etc.

-----------------------------------------

I dont want this thread to escalate out of control, so I will happily remove myself from it as of this post.

Last edited:

FOX TV

Contributor
FWIW FOX TV; The same kind of phenomenon occurs in my own home. And my explanation of why is entirely consistent with it.[/QUOTE]

Not doubting that, but I have went out of my way to try and prove what I have said as best as I possibly can TO MY SELF, using what I have available to me, and I don't really care what the detractors say..THIS IS REAL, and none of us can do anything but put forth theory, and just because you don't agree with mine, doesn't make it any less true !!!!

May the "PEACE BE WITH YOU" !!!

FOX TV

Contributor
I SENT THE CHECK !!

Regardless of all of the detractors, and neigh sayers, I sent a big check to my patent lawyer on Friday. If you never risk anything, you never gain anything. I sent my mechanical drawings, my written description of my theory as to why my antenna is different and BETTER, and pictures of my working prototype. All of these are requirements of filing a patent, and this is not a quick process to prepare for. I have been working on the details for months, and I am finally in the process of seeing some results.

Some people patent an idea without having a working product, but my design has been a work in progress for quite some time, with many different approaches being tried. Some were improvements, and some were not, but I believe I am ready to go forward with the patent process, as do many of the people around me, including my patent Attorney.

I had an hour long conversation with the Attorney on Thursday, and made the decision to take the risk with my own personal savings, and if it fails, at least I can go to sleep at night knowing at I tried to get this done to the best of my ability. I have built many prototypes, and tried many different ideas to get to the point where I believe, as do several people I have shown my design to that I have a superior product to anything currently available as far as "OUTDOOR ANTENNAS" designed to be mounted outdoors at 30 feet or above are concerned.

It KICKS ASS on FM signals too, and I plan to use that in my marketing strategy, since FM HD radio is now available as well as DTV. Wish me luck, or call me an idiot as some seem to LOVE to do, and that is up to you, but still, maybe one day soon, you will have one of my antennas up in the air at your place, receiving error free DTV signals from distances of well over 100 miles.

Of course line of sight is still required, for no antenna will receive a signal that does not exist, or is not "SEEN" by the antenna itself. Remember, the laws of physics still apply to ALL ANTENNA DESIGNS, even when those laws are sometimes unproven, and are just theory that actually cannot be proven "BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT".

You would not believe how many different "EXPERIMENTAL ANTENNAS' are hanging around in my garage !!!

Last edited:

FOX TV

Contributor
There are to many "EXPERTS" here who "THINK" they have all the answers. I know what I believe to be true, and there is nothing that a thousand posts can do to change my opinion..PERIOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!! The topic is CLOSED, and I learned that even those who at times CLAIM to be your friend, will turn on you when they "THINK" they know more than you.

How can you possibly know where I am located when I hear this phenomenon? You have no way to know anything about this but "YOUR OWN THEORY", and just because you believe what you believe, does not in any way obligate me to change what I know to be happening, because I am experiencing it in real time.

Regardless of the math, or the speed of electrons in free space, or in a conductor. None of us has explained this, and even though I agree with some of your statements, none of us has proven a single fact, except for me, because i see it every time I go into the Kitchen.....Regardless of my, or anyone else's opinion, it IS HAPPENING, in every scenario I have the ability to experiment with.

Thanks for your input, and PEACE be with us !!!

FOX TV

Contributor
Congratulations FOX!!! I know this is a long, expensive process that normally only big corporations can attempt nowadays. I certainly wish you the best.

Rick
Thanks for the wishes, and maybe at some point, I may end up selling the idea to an antenna manufacturer, but I want to try to do this on my own if possible. Internet marketing with my idea protected could go a long way. It has happened to others who took the risk, and If I never tried it, I would always say "WHAT IF....".

I have quite a few people on my side who think it is worth pursuing, including people in the business world, the local Chamber of Commerce, brethren engineers, and even 2 patent Lawyers who I have contacted to do the patent work. One of them now has my money, and is proceeding with the process.

I included a screen shot from the antenna analyzer. this is at 30 miles LOS. Look closely at the bar scales, and the RF level.

Thanks again !!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

FOX TV

Contributor
PATENT FOR MY ANTENNA FILED ON FRIDAY MARCH 15th, 2013

My patent pending application was filed on Friday March 15th. As soon as I get notification it has been accepted and approved, I will Start promoting it with actual reception analysis data, which I have a lot of, and of course pictures of the antenna itself. I will offer it for sale, and will guarantee it will improve your reception reliability on UHF, especially in high Multi-Path environments, and that it has VHF reception capabilities that far exceed any other currently available "CONVENTIONAL DESIGNED" multi-band antennas of its size.

Yes, it is still a compromise, as are all multi-band antennas, and yes, it does focus mainly on UHF reception since 95% of North American DTV channels are in that band. It also works well on the FM band for anyone who wants to improve their FM Radio reception distances with full quieting on virtually any FM channel that is currently strong enough for you to receive, even if it is currently receivable, but is noisy at your location.

FOX TV

Contributor
QUOTE FOX, huh? Give us a freeking break ... what you wrote is absolute nonsense. Everything OTA available to you is arriving to you at the speed of light and I highly doubt your ears can detect doppler at light speeds.

FACT: the reason for the audio (and video) time-shift you are seeing is based on the processor speeds of different digital tuners or converter boxes: some are faster than others and it has nothing to do with cable lengths.

Jim - See more at: http://www.dtvusaforum.com/antenna-...-data-research-news.html#sthash.Juu2CTOc.dpuf
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On another note, I challenge the previous posters who think I was lying about the delay phenomenon I am experiencing to explain a discovery I made today about that issue. Since I worked for the local FOX station for 10 years, and was laid off for ECONOMIC reasons, I have refused to watch any of their programming, and simply tune on by them.

Since I am a big NASCAR FAN, I relented and broke down and tuned them in just today to watch the NASCAR race from Bristol. Around 2:00, I got hungry, so I went into the Kitchen to fix some lunch. Not wanting to miss any of the race, I turned on my Kitchen TV and my Living room TV was also on. The amazing thing is that the delay IS NOT PRESENT when tuning both TV's to this channel only.

If all of your previous theories about buffering and the speed of light, the Doppler effect and radio waves ETC, are correct, how do any of us explain the fact that I don't see this phenomenon on this channel only? To me this discounts all of the previous conjecture on both parts except for mine which is based on my theory that this is caused by multi-path reflections of the channels that do still show this phenomenon, which is EVERY OTHER CHANNEL I RECEIVE FROM THE SAME CO-LOCATED TRANSMITTER SITE !!!!!!! The other channels are suffering from multi-path reflections and the two antennas are seeing different versions of the other signals EXCEPT FOR THIS CHANNEL ! ! ! ! !

Explain that one with your previous know it all attitudes and theories would you ???????....................

PATENT FOR MY ANTENNA FILED ON FRIDAY MARCH 15th, 2013

My patent pending application was filed on Friday March 15th. As soon as I get notification it has been accepted and approved, I will Start promoting it with actual reception analysis data, which I have a lot of, and of course pictures of the antenna itself. I will offer it for sale, and will guarantee it will improve your reception reliability on UHF, especially in high Multi-Path environments, and that it has VHF reception capabilities that far exceed any other currently available "CONVENTIONAL DESIGNED" multi-band antennas of its size.
Congrats, but we're looking at a 2 to 3 year time span for possible approval, right?

Out of curiousity, if your application is ultimately disapproved (unfortunately more common than we'd like), will you put your design into the public domain? :hungry:

Rick

FOX TV

Contributor
Congrats, but we're looking at a 2 to 3 year time span for possible approval, right?

Out of curiousity, if your application is ultimately disapproved (unfortunately more common than we'd like), will you put your design into the public domain? :hungry:

Rick

A preliminary patent will allow me to produce, market and sell the antenna. Patent laws are changing as we speak, and the winner of a patent now is the first one who's application is received in the case of similar or identical ideas. The old concept of protecting a patents date of conception is no longer valid. It is purely based on who applies first. Of course, big business patent holders and large companies who file numerous patents manipulated the patent laws in favor of themselves which is always the case where big business controls or manipulates everything (Including the Government) in their favor.

The antenna has several differing design concepts that could be patented individually on the basis of each individual concept. I have seen nothing on the market that uses all of these ideas, or even any one of them individually, so there are actually several different ways or concepts that could be patented. One can take an existing product and change one single aspect of that product and obtain a completely new patent on an older concept and have a patented new product, even though its basis is an existing product that differs in some way.

I intend to start production of the antenna as soon as my lawyer says it is OK to do so. One does not have to obtain a full patent to sell a product when a patent being applied for (Patent Pending). The choices for me are to produce, market, and sell the antenna myself, or just sell the full patent if it is granted to a company that may want to buy the idea.

All of the versions I have now have been hand made in my garage, but it is a simple design, and my plan is to have local suppliers manufacture the components, and employ people locally to assemble, package, and ship them from here. The clear stream antenna came into being in this very same way. I have read the inventors bio ,and he started marketing his design on the internet, and it became a very popular antenna, and is in fact one of the biggest sellers on the market today.

In the case of the public domain idea, I would think the only way a patent would be denied is if someone already has a full patent in place, and in that case It would not be my idea to put in the public domain, and I would have no rights to do so.

Thanks for your comments and interest, and for your best wishes......

dkreichen1968

Staff member
In the case of the public domain idea, I would think the only way a patent would be denied is if someone already has a full patent in place, and in that case It would not be my idea to put in the public domain, and I would have no rights to do so.
Patent US20060124500 - Container with adjustable inner partitions - Google Patents

Patents will get denied if they aren't sufficiently different than a public domain design. They must be "novel." That can be a bit subjective. But, it isn't sufficient to stick a different shaped element on a yagi or bow tie and expect to get a patent.

Good Luck Fox!!!

Patent US20060124500 - Container with adjustable inner partitions - Google Patents

Patents will get denied if they aren't sufficiently different than a public domain design. They must be "novel." That can be a bit subjective. But, it isn't sufficient to stick a different shaped element on a yagi or bow tie and expect to get a patent.

Good Luck Fox!!!
Yeah, I was thinking of the case of the Hoverman offshoot from digitalhome.ca . I don't know if they filed a patent application, but I'm sure they looked into it. Nothing new enough there to patent. They make a lot of noise about people violating their "copyright" by making similar antennas and selling them, but it's complete nonsense. Bottom line: digitalhome (big wig there -- can't remember his name) can't get a patent, but there's nothing to stop them from publishing DIY plans.

Anyhow, FOX, I sure hope we get to see your antenna "Real Soon Now." :thumb:

John Kennedy said one thing he learned from the Cuban Missile Crisis was to view the opinions offered by "experts" with deep suspicion. :drinks:

Rick

Last edited:

FOX TV

Contributor

Good Luck Fox!!!
But, it isn't sufficient to stick a different shaped element on a yagi or bow tie and expect to get a patent.

This is DEFINITELY NOT WHAT I HAVE DONE. This is a new concept entirely, that is different than anything else I have seen. No one I am aware of has tried to tackle the issue of Multi Path to the extent that I have. This is only one of several design criteria that are completely new and different.. Believe me, I have had several patent lawyers look at the design, and former Broadcast Brethren, and engineers, and one of the patent lawyers was a former electrical engineer, and he was impressed with the innovative ideas I used as well.

The patent was filed on March 15th, and has been assigned a patent office case number, and a legal description of the antenna and its purpose, and the process is going forward. When I have permission from the Lawyer, I am going to proceed at a lightning pace to get the antennas built and ready to ship.

My guarantee is that it will perform as well or better than any multi band "OUTDOOR HDTV" antenna currently available when installed per recommendations, and it has reliable VHF HIGH capabilities, and VHF LOW at a slightly lesser performance level, since its main design focus is on UHF. My next step is to get a Polar Plot and true gain and rejection data done by an antenna testing and certification from a company I have already contacted. All of this stuff is NOT CHEAP, and I have no income at all as of now, and I am doing this all on my own, with my own financing.

I also have a FRINGE AREA version that was included in the patent, as well as an INDOOR VERSION, and the patent application gives me some freedom for slight design changes, as long as the concept is not altered.

Maybe some day, you will see my paid add at the top of this page !!!

I just hope I don't starve, or end up out on the street trying to do this all alone..............

Thanks for the wishes !!!

Last edited:

FOX TV

Contributor
Pictures of my New Antenna

These are pictures of a working prototype, and the version that my patent was filed for. This is a hand built version. I am currently working with some local materials suppliers to try and find some sources to manufacture some of the components that are time consuming to do on an individual basis.

This is a Multi band antenna that was designed mainly for the UHF TV Band, but it has great reception abilities on the VHF high band, and moderate reception on VHF Low. It also performs well on the FM Radio band, and a full report on gain data and reception distances achieved will be coming soon.

It uses a conventional 300 to 75 ohm balun, and is designed to be mounted outdoors on the top of a standard tapered end mast pole such as Radio Shack sells, or chain link fence top rail can also be used, and is galvanized to resist rust, and is much cheaper than conventional mast pole.

This is the 150 mile version dual element, and I also have a quad element version that greatly improves the gain on the VHF Low band.

Now that the patent has been applied for, it is safe to post these pictures, because the secret to this antennas performance is hidden in blue and black !!!!!!!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

FOX TV

Contributor
I shipped an Indoor version of my antenna to a lady in New York, and she reports to me that she received 46 channels with my indoor antenna dubbed model DS-1. The outdoor version is named DS-2. I sent another one to her friend also in New York, but he has to buy some cable to get it working. As son as I get a report, I will post it here. here is a link to My Antenna Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Data-Stream-HDTV-digital-antennas/444532128962438?sk=info

G

GG Wong

Antenna Inventor

I don't see any outstanding features on FOX antenna. It is large. It is very easy to construct an antenna to receive 65 channels. My group of antennas are extremely small which all can receive 165 to 170 channels from city of Los Angeles. All the antennas are patented and received the utility patent certificates. My problems are not about antennas. My problem is marketing. Mr. FOX, you have a long way to go. Gary

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A DirecTV 0
C Comcast 0
M DirecTV 0