Free DTV Antennas for 1,000 households in Minnesota

Thomas G

Contributor
Vouchers will be handed out on 7-7-09 for people who sign up for free converter box installation at the Urban League office in North Minneapolis.

The federal agency charged with helping the nation's households manage the transition from analog to digital TV is offering free antennas to 1,000 Twin Cities households.

The Federal Communications Commission announced today that vouchers for the antennas will be given away next Tuesday at the Minneapolis Urban League office in north Minneapolis. Vouchers will be given away from 10 a.m. until noon.

The vouchers are part of an attempt to help households still struggling with the television signal switch.

People who sign up for free installation of a TV signal converter box also will be given a free antenna by the private contractor doing the installation.
Free digital TV antennas offered next week

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
You never know, Bugs might work better than lots of others. Have you ever purchased a low priced item and had it work better than all of the high priced stuff? Years ago, my sister gave me a GE phone she bought for $10. It was the clearest and best reception of any phone we'd ever used, and it lasted for years. I had the same thing happen with a low-priced VCR. Turned out to be the better than a lot of higher priced ones. It certainly isn't the rule of thumb, but sometimes cheap isn't always bad.