Frustration to the max!!!!!

Kathy B

DTVUSA Rookie
:mad: I am the administrator of a residential care facility and all I'm trying to do is get some questions answered as to how the individuals who live here and have their own televisions that are not digital and receive their signal from an antenna can get coupons. I really don't have time for all of this nonsense.

Tim58hsv

DTVUSA Member
I'm not sure as to what Kathy B's actual complaint is but if the nursing facility has a MATV (master antenna tv) system, the change over could be very expensive.

Years ago I worked maintenance at a large nursing home that used a MATV system. It was a very expensive set up which included 7 or 8 single channel antennas along with the same number of single channel distribution amps and channel converters. The equipment was made by Blonder-Tongue so I'd guesstimate the cost of the antennas, amp's, and channel converters to be around the $10,000 to $15,000 range.

Since the analogue-to-digital change over means that most tv stations will be broadcasting on new/different frequencies, facilities using MATV systems will need new antenna's, amps, etc. in order for the converter boxes to work for their residents.

At least I think that's how it would go.

DTVblues

DTVUSA Jr. Member
that's not the worst of it!

WHY is nobody concerned about recording their shows!!!!! I have seen NO DVD recorders, or VCRs or DVR recorders capable of recording digital channels!!!!! Must we either spend every waking moment watching TV or pay exorbitant cable or satellite fees in order to do this???
It seems like satellite and cable companies have the vested interest in this!!!!!
Without cable or satellite we CANNOT RECORD TV SHOWS!!

Tim58hsv

DTVUSA Member
You should able to record shows as long as the digital converter is in line before the dvr, vcr, etc.

Just run your antenna cable to the converter box first, then out to the vcr, then to the tv. Leave the vcr (or whatever) on channel 3 or 4 and it'll pick up the signal from the converter box and then you'll be able to record it.