Full scope of Net Neutrality rules not yet released; FCC divided

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
Full scope of Net Neutrality rules not yet released; FCC divided | MyCE – My Consumer Electronics

From the article:

... "McDowell was steadfastly opposed to the measures and said that the passing of the order, “marks one of the darkest days in recent FCC history.” “The FCC is not Congress; we cannot make laws,” McDowell pointed out. “The FCC has provocatively charted a collision course with the legislative branch. ”His four concerns about the order are as follows:

1. Nothing is broken in the Internet access market that needs fixing

2. The FCC does not have the legal authority to issue these rules

3. The rules are likely to cause irreparable harm

4. The existing law and Internet governance structures provide ample consumer protection in the event of market failure ... "

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
mY OWN PERSONAL "JURY" is out on these measures. I do like the way it splits wireless from wired, as wireless is NOT unlimited. Nobody "needs" to access netflix or torrents via wireless.

I am somewhat surprised that it was a "split decision", I expected the "stacked deck" of commissioners would all stand together when cards were dealt.

But there is a bit of a question about the FCC's legal authority to issue the rules.

dkreichen1968

Staff member
I am somewhat surprised that it was a "split decision", I expected the "stacked deck" of commissioners would all stand together when cards were dealt.
I personally don't see this as a stacked deck commission. Genachowski does not speak for everyone. I'm sure he wished he did. It would be easyer to nail down those bribe payouts.