Gain's Gooder Commercial Irritates

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
I don't normally do this, but this really bugs me. It focuses around Gain's latest commercial ad campaign. I just posted about it on my blog, and I'm hoping that even though my little blog is little that some folks might call and complain. Making up words is one thing, but this particular mis-use of a word is irritating.

The Blog Post is Here

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Totally annoying, but I get irritated over little stuff like that. Another one I can't stand is the title of "America Got Talent" show.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Of course it's poor grammar. The correct phrase would be "mostest betterer"

Seriously, though, a lot of the poor grammar I believe is intentional. They want you to remember it.

Well, you noticed enough to write a blog post, right? And Gain thanks you for the free advertising. :D

Orrymain

The alternative is to say nothing and what does that achieve? That's why our kids are unable to succeed: everyone sits back and does nothing. Yes, it puts the name out there, but they've lost any business they might ever have gotten from me. Everyone else has to make their own decisions. If yours is to sit back and say 'well she just gave them free advertising' then that's your right, but if you want change, you have to fight for it. If you don't care, then you don't care.

dave73

DTVUSA Member
I didn't even know the word gooder was used in the Gain commercial. I know it was used in the Tropicana commercial. I get annoyed by the word, as it's poor English. I know my English isn't that great, but at least I know the word Better is suppsed to be used instead of Gooder. Are we going to hear goodest next?

Here's the Gain commercial: Gain
Here's the Tropicana commercial: Tropicana

Last edited:

Orrymain

I'd forgotten about the Tropicana one but the reason it doesn't bother me is because they say in the commercial that there is no such word as gooder. That's how it's presented. I think the very first Gain commercial also did something like that with the voice over saying that of course there is no such word, blah blah. That didn't bother me. It's the new commercials that use it without the disclaimer that do bug me.