Game Of Thrones Season 4

How pumped are you about the upcoming premier of Game of Thrones Season 4??? I recently re-watched the first 3 seasons in preparation for the show's return, so I'm more excited now than ever! What can we expect this season? I'll keep the speculation spoiler-free, I promise ;)

More Blood:
Season 4 of the show is based on the second half of the third book in A Song of Ice and Fire, A Storm of Swords. By now, we know that George R. R. Martin seems to thrive off of making us fall in love with characters and then forcing us to watch them die a brutal death. Red Wedding, anyone? Having read the books, I can tell you that the carnage is far from over. I won't tell you who, but be prepared for some shocking main character deaths (you might be more surprised by who survives!)

New Favorites:
I feel pretty safe in saying that most fans were pulling for the Stark family. In a land ruled by lions, the wolves are now an endangered species on the brink of extinction. That leaves an open spot for new favorite underdogs, and you might be surprised by who wins your heart! If the show follows the book series as closely in the future as it has in seasons past, we're about to see some changes of heart, and get some insight into who we thought were villains.

Epic Battles:
After the release of wildfire at Blackwater Bay, what really constitutes as an epic battle anymore? Just stay tuned. You know nothing, Jon Snow.

By the end of Season 4, you won't know whose side you're really on, and your questions will be replaced by more questions. Isn't that why we're all still hanging on now?

Last edited:

CptlA

DTVUSA Member
Love this show!! I'm still at the beginning of Season 3 need to finish it soon. When is the premiere of season 4?

Last edited:
How pumped are you about the upcoming premier of Game of Thrones Season 4??? I recently re-watched the first 3 seasons in preparation for the show's return, so I'm more excited now than ever! What can we expect this season? I'll keep the speculation spoiler-free, I promise ;)

More Blood:
Season 4 of the show is based on the second half of the third book in A Song of Ice and Fire, A Storm of Swords. By now, we know that George R. R. Martin seems to thrive off of making us fall in love with characters and then forcing us to watch them die a brutal death. Red Wedding, anyone? Having read the books, I can tell you that the carnage is far from over. I won't tell you who, but be prepared for some shocking main character deaths (you might be more surprised by who survives!)

New Favorites:
I feel pretty safe in saying that most fans were pulling for the Stark family. In a land ruled by lions, the wolves are now an endangered species on the brink of extinction. That leaves an open spot for new favorite underdogs, and you might be surprised by who wins your heart! If the show follows the book series as closely in the future as it has in seasons past, we're about to see some changes of heart, and get some insight into who we thought were villains.

Epic Battles:
After the release of wildfire at Blackwater Bay, what really constitutes as an epic battle anymore? Just stay tuned. You know nothing, John Snow.

By the end of Season 4, you won't know whose side you're really on, and your questions will be replaced by more questions. Isn't that why we're all still hanging on now?
Do you know when Season 4 is set to start-up? This is another series that I get addicted to watching a grunch of episodes at once, so will likely wait a few weeks then kill a few hours at once.

Season 4 will air on HBO April 6 (one month from today!) Does anyone know if the new episodes are available on Hulu after air, and how soon? I was disappointed last season that the episodes were not available on Amazon Instant until after the dvd release, which kinda defeats the purpose, to me.

Lily13

DTVUSA Member
It hasn't come out yet, right? I read the first three books so I guess I could spoil it all to you... mwahaha! Somehow I never started watching the show, I evaded the GoT craze. The trailers always look great though, and on the memes I see the characters look really well-chosen, the actors I mean. They just look so old, like in the books Jon is around 14-16 I think and in the show he looks 25!

Lily, I seriously said the same thing about the ages of Jon Snow, Robb Stark, Joffrey Baratheon, etc.! I rationalized it in two ways: One, the actors would be more mature and more able to reach into the roles and the depth they require (although the young actress playing Arya has thoroughly impressed me Two, I think when you become king at 13 you would probably grow up pretty fast, so maybe visually this is the show's way of portraying that. It seems to me that in a culture where boys become men at such a young age it would make sense for them to mature faster. I don't know if the showrunners really gave the age that much thought, but I did! Visually, the actors chosen for the show match my imaginings of the characters stunningly well (I also chose to read the series first.)

Cadus

DTVUSA Member
I haven't read the books, so thanks everybody for not ruining things lol
But I freaking love this show. I stopped caring for a few months because it's so long in between seasons, but now that its release is so close I'm getting kinda giddy. It's just really cool that most of the tension occurs in rooms in social interactions. The action isn't common and not even that well done, but it's such a brilliant show in general. It's like a medieval soap opera that I'm not ashamed to watch.

I haven't read the books, so thanks everybody for not ruining things lol
But I freaking love this show. I stopped caring for a few months because it's so long in between seasons, but now that its release is so close I'm getting kinda giddy. It's just really cool that most of the tension occurs in rooms in social interactions. The action isn't common and not even that well done, but it's such a brilliant show in general. It's like a medieval soap opera that I'm not ashamed to watch.
You're welcome, Cadus! I hate accidentally stumbling upon spoilers, myself. I agree about the medieval soap opera part, it's truly amazing that I am THIS interested in these characters' family history & personal lives, but I can't get enough!