'General Hospital': Recent updates are a welcomed change for fans

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
ABC's daytime drama General Hospital is enjoying a resurgence since fellow soaps All My Children and One Life to Live were cancelled. The change is not really attributable to those other shows, unless it put a good scare into the production team, but more to a change in the showrunners. This change with Frank Valentini as executive producer, applauded by fans, has many old favorites returning.

Not long ago, it was announced that Genie Francis was coming back as Laura. At that time, this author talked about the decades old triangle involving Laura's first husband Scott Baldwin and her second, the rapist-turned-odd hero Luke Spencer. Anthony Geary has remained on the show as Luke, but Kin Shriner has been off for the last few years. I said when Francis returned, how cool it would be if Shriner would, too. Well, this week, it happened. There was a wonderful scene with the three old foes/lovers.

In addition, the upcoming Nurses' Ball in March is proving to be an excuse to bring back other favorites, including Lynn Herring, Jackie Zeman, and Rick Springfield who will perform at the Ball as his character of Dr. Noah Drake. Rumor has it that even Kimberly McCullough may show up, her character of Robin believed to be dead though fans know she is alive and have almost from the beginning of her supposed death.

Things are hopping on GH now and I must admit, I just set my DVR to record it daily. I just can't miss any of this!