Genie Receiver intermittently drops out on regular basis - DirecTV

I recently had the HR44 and the mini genie installed by DTV. Since the technician left, I have had intermittent audio and sound dropouts during both live and recorded shows on both my Sony (KDL50R) and my Samsung (B5BD3CESA33546) TVs.

I have done the following troubleshooting: refreshed both receivers, pushed the reset button numerous times, rebooted my wireless and my router numerous times, checked all my cables and plugs. No change. I called DTV Tech Support about 3 weeks ago and was told it was a system problem the engineers were working on with no estimated date of completion for repair. This was 3 weeks ago.

I had no problems with my old DVR set up and I am not technically savvy. What I have done so far is the extent of my limited technical knowledge. So far, it makes me really sad that I succumbed to the free upgrade offer. I would gladly go back to what I had if I could without penalty but DTV said they didn't know if they would be able to do that for me. I would appreciate any information or help that you more technically savvy people can offer to a neophyte. Also does anyone have any idea when this problem will be resolved? Do you think pushing for a replacement receiver would fix the problem? Thanks in advance.

This question, "Genie Receiver intermittently drops out on regular basis," is about DirecTV channels, programming, equipment, and sports.