Genie: Recordings stop short, get deleted, fantom recordings, deletes series, etc! -

Genie: Recordings stop short, get deleted, fantom recordings, deletes series, etc! -

I'm on my second Genie DVR (not mini), and both have the same problem. Randomly (but within certain bounds), recordings will stop in the middle, can suddenly be deleted from list, series recordings get cancelled!, and un-asked for recordings appear.

Regarding the shows that stop recording in the middle, in all cases, I had just deleted a different show after watching it. The exact moment I delete a show, *sometimes* a random show in the middle of recording will just stop recording, often not even reporting the 'incomplete record' message, as if it got the whole thing.

Twice, and I don't know when, it deleted series shows. One evening, my local news did not record, and that was because it had disappeared from my series list, and other shows have this problem too.

Fantom recording happen when I look through the guide, not even selecting any show, and it would start recording something far away, like I was looking thru local chanels and suddenly it's recording some two year old cable show via On Demand!

Lost shows are the worst; this has happened twice with NCIS, and about 10 times over the last month, and if you try On Demanding CBS, you'll find out all they give you is a SD 4x3 picture that has been stretched to fit 16x9...so ugly and low definition, plus no scanning past commercials. I'm having to pay my preferred streaming service to watch these missed episodes!

AM I THE ONLY ONE???

This question, "Genie: Recordings stop short, get deleted, fantom recordings, deletes series, etc!," is about DirecTV channels, programming, equipment, and sports.