Geting the discount coupon

I was wondering if we can still get the $40.00 discount coupon to purchase the converter box. I have a friend who is on a fixed income and needs one? If you contact me I wlll give you his address.

n2rj

Staff member
Yeah, the days of free or nearly free converter boxes are gone. In fact the funds dried up before the expiration date and the Gov't had to authorize more money for them. Glad I got my two boxes when I did. You can still find them on fleabay or other places though.

BCF68

DTVUSA Member
Yeah, the days of free or nearly free converter boxes are gone. In fact the funds dried up before the expiration date and the Gov't had to authorize more money for them. Glad I got my two boxes when I did. You can still find them on fleabay or other places though.
Actually half the extra money allocated was never used because lack of demand. Some 32 millon coupons never got redeemed.

n2rj

Staff member
Actually half the extra money allocated was never used because lack of demand. Some 32 millon coupons never got redeemed.
True. What happened is that people ordered coupons then didn't use them for whatever reason. Maybe they just forgot or were waiting for something better. Some people even told me that the $40 coupon wasn't covering the whole cost of the box so they weren't going to bother.