Getting all the channels in my area but 2

slsimmer

DTVUSA Rookie
Hi. I hope someone can shed some light on this for me. First off: My set-up, I have a "Insignia" (Best Buy) converter box, model NS-DXA1-APT. I have a Phillips SDV2940/27 antenna. The antenna is pole mounted, approx. 25 feet up from the deck of my second floor apartment. I live in Indianapolis, IN 46227. I can get all of my local channels except DTV channels: 9 (CBS, WISH-TV), 32 (MyNetwork, WNDY) and 21 (PBS, WFYI). All of the rest come in excellent without any breakup, barring nasty weather. Am I missing something? I looked up my location on TV Fool, Link:
TV Fool - TV Signal Locater
It looks to me like I shouldn't need a big antenna or anything. Any guidance as to what I should do next?

Tim58hsv

DTVUSA Member
Hi. I hope someone can shed some light on this for me. First off: My set-up, I have a "Insignia" (Best Buy) converter box, model NS-DXA1-APT. I have a Phillips SDV2940/27 antenna. The antenna is pole mounted, approx. 25 feet up from the deck of my second floor apartment. I live in Indianapolis, IN 46227. I can get all of my local channels except DTV channels: 9 (CBS, WISH-TV), 32 (MyNetwork, WNDY) and 21 (PBS, WFYI). All of the rest come in excellent without any breakup, barring nasty weather. Am I missing something? I looked up my location on TV Fool, Link:
TV Fool - TV Signal Locater
It looks to me like I shouldn't need a big antenna or anything. Any guidance as to what I should do next?
Chances are the stations you're not getting aren't running their digital signals at full power yet or they aren't broadcasting them from the main transmitter tower.

An example...
WCPO channel 9 from Cincinnati doesn't reach Dayton, Ohio and it turns out a lot of folks in Cincy can't pick them up on digital either. While listening to WLW out of Cincinnati the other day callers from Cincy were asking why they couldn't pick up digital channel 9. Someone called channel 9 and was told that the transmitter wasn't on the main tower yet.

TVFool and Antennaweb.org both say that we should receive channel 9 here in Dayton but that just isn't the case.