Getting audio description (on NBC) and can't get it to stop

disney777

DTVUSA Rookie
Anyone know how to deactivate this? It's so annoying. (Although a good service for sight impaired!)
We've been to every nook and cranny we can find.

I assume I'll start hearing it on other channels soon.

Thomas G

Contributor
What kind of TV and/or converter box are you watching with? Also, are you watching over-the-air, cable, or satellite TV?

Welcome to the forum.

G

NBC audio description recording

The same thing is happening to me and I just tried to get help from my satellite service (directv) and they said its not happening through them. I am so frustrated! Can't turn it off and because its such a distraction, I've deleted my NBC recordings without watching them.

dkreichen1968

Staff member
The same thing is happening to me and I just tried to get help from my satellite service (directv) and they said its not happening through them. I am so frustrated! Can't turn it off and because its such a distraction, I've deleted my NBC recordings without watching them.
Call the station and report it directly to them. I've had the same problem with the local OTA broadcasts of my local CBS O&O. It only happend twice, but it ruined the recordings. I didn't watch live, so I don't know if it was live or just on my DVR recordings.