Gettysburg, PA DTV

MarthaR

DTVUSA Rookie
I have satellite service, but when I want to watch antenna channels, I turn the satellite off. I purchased a digital TV last summer. I used my remote that came with the TV and switched over to dtv.I wanted to see if I could get all the antenna channels that I could get before switching to dtv.I might tell you where I live–Gettysburg, Pa. The antenna channels I received were: 2,4,5,7,8,9,11,13,20,22,24,26,33,43,45,50,54,62.Channels 20 thru 62 are UHF channels. channels 4 5 7 9 20 which are from Washington DC I cannot get any channels from Baltimore which are 2,11,13,45 and channels 8 (lancaster) and 2l 43 and 23 which are from Harrisburg. Note I can get channels 20 and 45 and 62 (public TV) on my UHF.

Jammer

DTVUSA Rookie
Installed a converter ,We only get 4 Pbs stations,, And we don,t get any of our regular stations that we get with our antenna. With just our roof top antenna we use to get channals 4,5,7,9,11,12,13,16,20,22,28,79 & 82, and of all the channales we get 79 is the only channal we receive on our tv in both regular tv and with the converter box, So we bought a philips Hdtv antenna with boster and it made no differance.So where do we go from here??From Everyone we have talked to and all that we have read on line looks like a lot of folks will have NO TV after the change over…..Looks to us Like they are forceing everyone to go to and Pay for high price cable or sattlelite TV..We don’t know what else to do.

Tim58hsv

DTVUSA Member
Installed a converter ,We only get 4 Pbs stations,, And we don,t get any of our regular stations that we get with our antenna. With just our roof top antenna we use to get channals 4,5,7,9,11,12,13,16,20,22,28,79 & 82, and of all the channales we get 79 is the only channal we receive on our tv in both regular tv and with the converter box, So we bought a philips Hdtv antenna with boster and it made no differance.So where do we go from here??From Everyone we have talked to and all that we have read on line looks like a lot of folks will have NO TV after the change over…..Looks to us Like they are forceing everyone to go to and Pay for high price cable or sattlelite TV..We don't know what else to do.
If you would post your zip code we could look into it.

I thought uhf channels 70 thru 82 left the television airwaves in the 1980's? I'm curious to know which areas still use those frequencies.