getwhatipaidfor.com

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
I've been watching the local Fox affiliate here in LA and they've been running advertisements for getwhatipaidfor.com non-stop because of the dispute between Fox and Dish Network. They used wording like "Looks like you'll lose local Fox programming" on November 1st.

Anyone think this is actually going to get through or is Dish going to cave?

Yes616

The Mod Squad
Eventually, they will reach a compromise. They have in every other case.
Sorry MrPogi, I cannot agree with you here.

Fox owned broadcast stations along with several Fox cable channels were taken off of Cablevision last night and the two sides aren't even talking right now. So much for seeing the NL playoffs tonight and football tomorrow.

I don't see FX, NatGeo or the Fox owned RSN's coming back to Dish until there is a deal with the broadcast Fox owned stations. It will be an all or nothing deal in the end.

Newscorp is playing hard ball and Dish has a long history of playing hard ball themselves. Back in June Dish dropped Disney HD, Disney XD HD, ESPN News HD and ABC Family HD and are still off though the SD counterparts are still on. Also back in June, Dish already had a replacement channel on for The Weather Channel when TWC and Dish finally made a deal at the last minute. There has been no MSG and MSG+ for several weeks now for the New York area people. How about the whole Voom HD debacle? 15 HD channels laid to rest over 2 years ago and a couple of them (RaveHD and MonstersHD) were far and away my favorite channels.

This is going from bad to worse but it's good that Dish isn't alone for a change. The combination of both Cablevision and Dish not carrying these channels will sorely hurt Fox but it's unfortunate that millions of subscribers are being punnished at the same time. The channels will be back but there may be a long fight ahead.

I am siding with Dish (and Cablevision) on this one as it seems Fox is looking for a fee increase around 150%! If they get it, look for every other channel to play hard ball when their contracts are up for renewal. I would hate to see what my already $90.00 per month TV bill would look like if that happened!

U

Unregistered

response

I've been watching the local Fox affiliate here in LA and they've been running advertisements for getwhatipaidfor.com non-stop because of the dispute between Fox and Dish Network. They used wording like "Looks like you'll lose local Fox programming" on November 1st.

Anyone think this is actually going to get through or is Dish going to cave?
trust me Fox wil cave in before dish does, so i guarantee you will get to keep it, seen it happen before last november and dish got fox back, took almost a month but hey if fox wants to continue making cash they will cave first, its best to get a bit than to get nothing at all

AliciaB_DISH

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Aaron62,

We understand your frustration and appreciate your patience. It is never our intent to remove programming that is important to you, and, we always work hard to restore this channel as quickly as possible. Also keep in mind DISH Network continues to offer the best value, technology, and customer service in the pay TV industry. It is our hope that you will stand with us as we continue to fight to keep your channel available. We offer several proposals based on fair local market rates that would have immediately resolved this dispute. These proposals are fair and consistent with the thousands of other contracts we’ve successfully negotiated with local broadcast stations. We continue to attempt negotiations with Communications Corporation until we reach a fair deal. DISH Network has to take a stand. We will not be bullied into agreeing to terms that will negatively impact you, especially during this tough economy. DISH Network negotiates dozens of contracts every year. Most are settled behind the scenes, without event. It is only when programming providers demand such outrageous rate increases that DISH Network must say “no.” DISH Network is working to let them know these unreasonable demands have a limit and we will not be held hostage to their demands. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to email me.

Alicia.Brink@Dishnetwork.com