Gillian Jacobs to appear on Girls

tmcmeekin

DTVUSA Member
Gillian Jacobs, who was on the now-cancelled Community, will appear on Girls during season 4. The role is said to be recurring and starts in episode 5, though it's unclear how many episodes she'll be in.

I'm really excited, since I've been a fan of Gillian's WAY before Community (She's from my area, and I knew she would be famous when I saw her in two different local plays years ago - I have her autograph to prove it!) So I'd be glad to see her move on to another role so quickly, regardless of what show. And Girls is also a great show.

Gillian Jacobs is great. Glad to hear she's landed on her feet. I wonder what 'recurring role' means in the world of Girls. I wonder if they're trying her out to replace a regular. I'm amazed the original cast are all still together after 3 seasons.

tmcmeekin

DTVUSA Member
Gillian Jacobs is great. Glad to hear she's landed on her feet. I wonder what 'recurring role' means in the world of Girls. I wonder if they're trying her out to replace a regular. I'm amazed the original cast are all still together after 3 seasons.
Well, one of the guys left.

I'm actually surprised when actors voluntarily leave a successful show, since that rarely works out well for them.