GM "Puma" Segway

I already got a Pagsta motorcycle that goes 40 (if you like a rough ride lol) MPH. it's 49cc so you don't need reg tags or insurance and only requires a standard driver's license. the 100MPG was a nice touch too, since it holds two.

Segways are like BOSE. overpriced and mostly for show n tell. (hey look at me! i just blew 8 grand on this gadget which does exactly the same thing as something which costs $200!!)

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
Saw it on TV a few weeks ago. Stimulus money at work........
The project has nothing to do with stimulus money. It's a joint venture between GM and Segway.
Trends indicate that urbanization is growing, and with that comes increased congestion and more competition for parking. Cities around the world are actively looking for solutions to alleviate congestion and pollution. Project P.U.M.A. addresses those concerns. It combines several technologies demonstrated by GM and Segway, including electric drive and batteries; dynamic stabilization (two-wheel balancing); all-electronic acceleration, steering and braking; vehicle-to-vehicle communications; and autonomous driving and parking. Those technologies integrate in Project P.U.M.A. to increase mobility freedom, while also enabling energy efficiency, zero emissions, enhanced safety, seamless connectivity and reduced congestion in cities.
GM - Technology - News - GM and Segway Join Forces to Reinvent Urban Transportation

So what happens when people finally realize 10 years later that those lithium ion batteries are disposable and are taking up more space in landfills and leave more hazardous waste than normal air pollution?

Electric vehicles are only efficient and zero polluting when they run. when the batteries die, they negate all their environmental savings in disposal. and the mythical 'ever-lasting battery' has not yet been invented.

Never mind that lithium ion cells are prime items of value to bombers. ever seen what happens when just ONE cell overheats? i refer you to the recent laptop fires/explosions.