Good Comedy Stays Good Comedy

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
I just spent 30 minutes, well not quite 30, but a lot of minutes laughing at an old episode of Here's Lucy. It's been a while since I've seen it, but it's one I've always remembered. It guest starred the Burtons - Richard and Elizabeth (Taylor). Oh man, I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. I'd forgotten just how funny that episode was. It just proves again that good comedy stays good comedy forever.

Katharina

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I just spent 30 minutes, well not quite 30, but a lot of minutes laughing at an old episode of Here's Lucy. It's been a while since I've seen it, but it's one I've always remembered. It guest starred the Burtons - Richard and Elizabeth (Taylor). Oh man, I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. I'd forgotten just how funny that episode was. It just proves again that good comedy stays good comedy forever.
This is so very true! I've found the same out many times in the past. I don't think I've ever watched a Lucy episode where I didn't end up laughing a lot more than I usually do over most tv shows. :)

The minute they decided to start re-airing some of those ageless and wonderfully funny old sitcoms, they made a very good choice! Those shows always provide a good laugh.

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Good shows are timeless - unlike the crappy reality shows we have now. And there's no decent sitcoms these days either.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
I agree with you there, Pogi. I'm not a 'sitcom' fan. I'm a comedy show fan, and the real comedies were made in the 50's and 60's and some in the 70's. After that, it became a sitcom world, and they rarely make me laugh.

phoenyxstarr

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I like sitcoms. I'm an 80's child & grew up on Full House & Family Matters. I too hate the reality shows that seem so prevalent today, but occasionally I'll watch one. Unless its Hell's Kitchen, then I'll watch the whole blasted season! I just love Chef Ramsey.

I know my parents watch TV constantly nowadays, its like they never turn it off, even to sleep. But I'm more particular about what I watch, I think there's only 1 or 2 shows I'll watch most weeks.

Katharina

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Good shows are timeless - unlike the crappy reality shows we have now. And there's no decent sitcoms these days either.
This is sooooo true! I'm not at all into reality shows and I'm glad about that. :) I can see where the appeal is for some of them, but others are definitely head scratchers.