Goodbye, Oprah

JakesDTVBlog

DTVUSAForum Member, , , Webmaster of: Jake's DTV B
It'll be "interesting," and I'll stick with that.

You know, it's funny, but I remember when the show first premiered on 14WFIE here in the Evansville market. They did a promo in which, as best I remember, people at the mall and on the street tried to pronounce her name, mostly without success. It got a lot of attention.

If you tell a kid nowadays that you can remember when folks couldn't say "Oprah Winfrey," they'd look at you like you're crazy.

bicker

DTVUSA Member
Yes, definitely. While her daily show probably is going to go away (and after 25 years, wouldn't you want a change?), after she benefits form the additional interest her announcement and pending departure will bring her, she can then reinvent herself doing specials, maybe a weekly, etc., essentially just working when she wants to, when it serves her needs, ... What a life!

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Jake, great article here: jakesdtvblog.com ... Your Source for Local TV Info!: THE BOTTOM LINE: The Oprah fallout begins

With the clock now counting down the days until the end of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" as we know it, the fallout from Winfrey's decision to jettison her show to concentrate on her planned cable network is beginning.

NATIONALLY, CBS AND ABC STAND TO LOSE BIG

CBS, which syndicates the show, has raked in hundreds of millions of dollars from "Oprah" since acquiring King World (her original syndicator) a decade ago,