Goodbye to Grissom

Ok, it was bad enough that Sara and Grissom FINALLY got together and it was almost ENTIRELY offscreen... what a frickin rip off to the fans... but now he's gone. I'm done with this show, it is NOTHING without him. :(

Yeah but Laurence Fishburne will be replacing him. To be honest, I'd like to see both actors on CSI! I am really sad that William Petersen is leaving, but the show is on it's like ninth or tenth season now right? Time for some change. :)

He was just such a central character... more so than any other, including those on other versions of the show. It will just not be the same, at all, without him. Laurence should be interesting, but there's no replacing him.

Sorta like Mandy Patinkin on Criminal Minds. Miss him too. =(

CSI has been one of my favorite shows since its inception. I really thought it would ruin the show for Grissom to leave. I stil do as a matter of fact. I do see however that the writers are already easing him out even though he is still there. I feel that there are new writers there this year. The show does not even have the same feel to it!
Even Catherine and Nick do not act the same as they have in the past. The only one that is not different is Hodges and his role is very minimal. I do not know if this one will survive.

Mei

DTVUSA Member
Ok, it was bad enough that Sara and Grissom FINALLY got together and it was almost ENTIRELY offscreen... what a frickin rip off to the fans... but now he's gone. I'm done with this show, it is NOTHING without him. :(
We all know that Grissom made this show a big hit and alive. although Grissom will not just be replaced by any other stars, the fans will still remember his good character in CSI.

jamesb

DTVUSA Member
I didn't know that Grissom is no longer on CSI as in Europe we trail one or two seasons. He is my favorite CSI character and it will suck without him. It reminds me of when Dr. Mark died in ER.

SpoiledAngel

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I know it was frustrating to hear that Grissom will no longer be a part of the show. He was one of my favorites on the show. I imagine his replacement will be good but he will be no Grissom, unfortunately.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
William Petersen left the show because he wanted to do some other things. It was 100% his choice and had nothing to do with the network or producers. The ratings have dropped since his departure, but most who have kept on watching haven't blamed Fishburne, but rather some crazy storylines and plots. They've done some crazy bits, that's for sure. As for Grissom and Sara, I was all for it. I loved the way Grissom left the show; thought it was superb.