Google Virtual Directions

acwriter

DTVUSA Member
This is so cool. If you need directions to a place, just go to google.com. Click on maps. You then enter in the name or address of the place you want to go. It will then give you the option of putting in your address. Once it has retrieved the directions to your location, it will actually show you a video of a street view of your house.

You can then, using your arrows on the keyboard drive to where you want to go. Of course, this will take a lot of time. It's quicker just to print out the directions and take them with you. But if you are bored or have plenty of time, you can take a virtual trip to possibly any location from your computer. Go ahead try it.

iluvtv

DTVUSA Member
Oooh, that is neat. I can see my house. I knew that I could use google to see a satellite image of my house, but this is much closer. I don't know how it does it, but it is as though someone was standing with a video camera at the end of my driveway. The image is blurred, but you can definitely tell it's my house. Although it is obviously an older image, even though the date shows 2008.