got 3 more channels

OK i hate to brag about it but i just totaled 24 channels now. WPSD finally locked in and is solid as the rest. since i really like the look and feel of their weather sub-channel i figured i'd post a pic to prove why. it puts the standard 14WFIE WX to shame. there's a weekly forecast always showing and no commercial breaks every 2 minutes as with WFIE-14.2

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
OK i hate to brag about it but i just totaled 24 channels now. WPSD finally locked in and is solid as the rest. since i really like the look and feel of their weather sub-channel i figured i'd post a pic to prove why. it puts the standard 14WFIE WX to shame. there's a weekly forecast always showing and no commercial breaks every 2 minutes as with WFIE-14.2

Nice, how many miles away are the WPSD broadcast towers?

93+ according to TV Fool. i had to eliminate my third amp to pull this one in. it was 9:14PM. all the 'newbies' are only on after sunset or in late afternoon. unlike the once-in-a-lifetime event that is tropospheric ducting i can pull these in every night, not just a few nights out of the year.

I also can get nightly viewings of WDRB too, and it's 100 miles away. i think the reason is these two networks (WPSD and WDRB) are at 1000KW of power and my 24dB helps to get a signal. it's weak but not unwatchable.

JeepJeep

DTVUSA Member
93+ according to TV Fool. i had to eliminate my third amp to pull this one in. it was 9:14PM. all the 'newbies' are only on after sunset or in late afternoon. unlike the once-in-a-lifetime event that is tropospheric ducting i can pull these in every night, not just a few nights out of the year.

I also can get nightly viewings of WDRB too, and it's 100 miles away. i think the reason is these two networks (WPSD and WDRB) are at 1000KW of power and my 24dB helps to get a signal. it's weak but not unwatchable.
Would that be considered DX to pick that up?

Last edited:
DX is reliant on tropospheric ducting to get a signal even with the weaker antennas. it happens only in certain conditions in certain times of the year (usually late spring/early summer) but in my case i improved on the design of my RV's roof antenna with two large amps and a new set of cables. unlike DX reception i can consistantly maintain signals even if i have to wait until the sun sets first.

DTV/radio hobbyists sometimes use the term 'DX' to mean the hobby of getting as many channels at far away places as possible.