got new antenna for dtv

dreamin_one

DTVUSA Jr. Member
thanks for the answers. we did get a new antenna for dtv, seems to pick up a few more channels, but some dont come in good, says no signal, and some channels keep breaking up yet, not good reception yet. what can i do to get the channels to come in good and not break up, i get 5 channels now, but cant seem to get them in good yet. do i need a outdoor antenna maybe?, cos our garage is blocking the signal i think, plus being on the lower floor apt. what can i do, need help here. i do live 34 miles away from rockford, illinois and 30 some from madison too. im just not liking this digital tv at all, cos i cant get good reception here at all, says no signal lots on my channels. altho this new antenna for dtv seems to bring more channels in, but cant get the signal good tho, need answers here please, getting frustrated with this new change. is it cos not all channels are digital yet?? thanks for ur answers.

i know it sounds off but has anyone ever taken an indoor antenna and tried putting it on the roof or outdoors? i always wondered if they can get such good or ok reception indoors i think outdoors would improve it. just don't use it that way in rain/snow/storms.

My trailer is made from metal and i swear i made it a DTV antenna by using the metal storm door frame and wired the center probe from a coaxial cable (but sheilded the wiring 'hair' that surrounds it) to a screw that holds it together and i swear i made it pick up all 15 channels at once with no dropout, about 75% and immune to most wind. and there was no amp (actually the amp made it 10x worse)

thanks for the answers. we did get a new antenna for dtv, seems to pick up a few more channels, but some dont come in good, says no signal, and some channels keep breaking up yet, not good reception yet. what can i do to get the channels to come in good and not break up, i get 5 channels now, but cant seem to get them in good yet. do i need a outdoor antenna maybe?, cos our garage is blocking the signal i think, plus being on the lower floor apt. what can i do, need help here. i do live 34 miles away from rockford, illinois and 30 some from madison too. im just not liking this digital tv at all, cos i cant get good reception here at all, says no signal lots on my channels. altho this new antenna for dtv seems to bring more channels in, but cant get the signal good tho, need answers here please, getting frustrated with this new change. is it cos not all channels are digital yet?? thanks for ur answers.
what type of antenna if it is indoor is is going to be minimal as all kinds of things like insulation foil type and wiring can cause havoc with reception. I would suggest a DB4 or DB8 place on a balcony or in a window facing the transmitters would do better.:)

The Antennas Direct DB2 or DB4 are pretty good because they're small enough to mount indoors (atleast the DB2 is), but built tough enough to withstand the weather outdoors.

dreamin_one

DTVUSA Jr. Member
new antenna for dtv

thanks cowboyup4 christ, and the other gentlemen who answered. i have to use an indoor antenna cos we only rent here. what is the db4 or db8? we almost got the flat antenna, but got the other one with uhf and vhf and 2 dippoles, it seems to work ok, but pic still breaking up, maybe will look into the db4 or other one. thansks so much, this dtv is getting frustrating to me. never had so much trouble with tv before this all came about. i wish it had been optional not mandatory for us all. we all cant afford cable or dish. or wish it would work better , just like a cable box without an antenna. thanks again so much for ur answers.

back in the summer i put a pair of rabbit ears on my balcony and to my suprise it worked, then a few days later, whenever a strong wind passed by, the channels would drop out.