Got switched to All IP video - now have issue with live TV and DVR recordings

M

Mochi_Kemuri

Hi all,

Long story short, we moved and got switched to All IP video. We had some issues but dealt with them (goodbye DVR contents, for no reason...), yet have consistently been having playback issues ranging from slow buffering to complete failure. Anyone else having issues on All IP? Primarily issues with DVR, but see below for live TV problems as well.

Example (there are many): Tonight I tried to watch a show live. About five minutes in, it kicked me to another channel saying there was a problem and/or I didn't have that channel. I switched to my in-progress recording of the show. Watched that for about ten minutes before that failed and spit me back to live TV. Started it back up again and continued. Got another five minutes, playback failed again. At a commercial break, I switched back to the live TV version of it, and aside from pixelation every thirty seconds or so got to watch it live from then on.

Very soon about to make them switch us back to whatever we had before All IP. Even though this is the new thing they're moving everyone to, they threatened us that they could never put us back to All IP if we ditched it. Just last week they replaced our box for utter failure playing back a show - from DVR or On Demand. Are these problems just happening to us? Thanks.

"Got switched to All IP video - now have issue with live TV and DVR recordings," is about XFinity-Comcast Television.

For other news regarding Got switched to All IP video - now have issue with live TV and DVR recordings, and XFinity - Comcast Television, see our recommended stories below.