Got TWC Digital Hooked Up Today

cclc

DTVUSA Member
We'll i finally threw in the towel on the free OTA digital today and got digital cable installed from TWC. Me and the wife decided we like watching TV to much, and frankly i'm tired of fooling around and putting money in OTA equipement which looks like it has a bleek future. I feel i gave it a good shot; investing in 4 converter boxes, 3 antennas, fm trap, a lot of time and using your guys expert advice which did help and many thanks to you! We decided we missed the wide variety and ease of use that comes with pay TV.

Anyway TWC had a special going on guarenteed for 12 months, $29.99 a month plus a $7.95 a month lease fee for a receiver for a total of $37.90 a month for 77 channels, digital on the tv with receiver and standard on all our other tv's. The installation went well and i'm very pleased so far, i really liked not having a TV bill, but feel this is a fair price.

I'll keep you posted on the qualty, i'm still familiarizing myself with it, but did notice a sub-channel or two that i was getting on the OTA which surprised me.

Carl

Yes616

The Mod Squad
I'll keep you posted on the qualty, i'm still familiarizing myself with it, but did notice a sub-channel or two that i was getting on the OTA which surprised me.

Carl
Hi Carl:

TWC is pretty good for having at least some sub-channels in their digital tier survice. The quality of these pictures can sometimes be less than you would hoped for. That's what I found with TWC some years ago. The regular channels were pretty good.

Do you still have that OTA antenna hooked up as well? You might as well take advantage of both worlds if they are available to you. Especially if their are some OTA channels not available on cable.

If you don't have more than one input to your TV, get an AB switch, hookem both up and enjoy.

cclc

DTVUSA Member
Yea i did keep the antenna hooked up to 1 TV via A/B switch. We get 3 local sub-channels on TWC and you are correct on the quality, what i find sorta funny is when i've got bad reception on those sub-channels from my antenna i'll switch over to cable and it is just as bad on their end as my antenna is, but i do enjoy some of the other sub-channels that TWC dont provide so i'm going to leave my OTA system hooked up to 1 TV for now.

So far i'm very pleased with the quality of TWC digital and the wife's the happiest she's been in 8 months! :applause:

Yes616

The Mod Squad
So far i'm very pleased with the quality of TWC digital and the wife's the happiest she's been in 8 months!
Sorry.. I can't resist.

Why was your wife so happy 8 months ago? You expecting something new in your life in another month?

Hey! If so, congratulations!! :D

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
We'll i finally threw in the towel on the free OTA digital today and got digital cable installed from TWC. Me and the wife decided we like watching TV to much, and frankly i'm tired of fooling around and putting money in OTA equipement which looks like it has a bleek future. I feel i gave it a good shot; investing in 4 converter boxes, 3 antennas, fm trap, a lot of time and using your guys expert advice which did help and many thanks to you! We decided we missed the wide variety and ease of use that comes with pay TV.

Anyway TWC had a special going on guarenteed for 12 months, $29.99 a month plus a $7.95 a month lease fee for a receiver for a total of $37.90 a month for 77 channels, digital on the tv with receiver and standard on all our other tv's. The installation went well and i'm very pleased so far, i really liked not having a TV bill, but feel this is a fair price.

Carl
Not a bad deal. Do they have high speed internet service too?

cclc

DTVUSA Member
Yes616.... LOL no we're to old for that! Just refering to how long we was doing the over the air thing, last summer she had her hours cut at work so we dropped our dish sattelite service to try and save on some money (big mistake). Went from 200 channels to 13, plus multiple remotes, converter boxes, antenna rotor, etc. just a lot of hassle's. She really enjoys watching tv, so when i had TWC hooked up she was very happy, whiched made me very happy!:whoo:

Aaron62, yes they do provide internet service, i think they offer like 3 speeds of roadrunner, which i thought was a little high $39.99 - $49.99 a month so i stayed with windstream for that, now they do have a bundled package for tv, phone and internet service for $99.99 a month which i may look into later.