Grew up with Star Wars

I am 40 years old so that means I am one of the original Star Wars movie goers. I can remember seeing the first Stars Movie ever at a local Drive In. For those of you that are younger, a drive in is an outdoor movie screen that you pull your car into and watch a movie. Fun times indeed and it is a shame there are not many left.

If you are a Star Wars fan who is your favorite character?

waaaaaay too hard to choose just one. As a kid watching the originals I always loved Obiwan and he is still a fave in the newer ones too. I have also always liked Vader of course, Boba Fet, and as a race I always liked the Twillex.

tmcmeekin

DTVUSA Member
I am definitely a Star Wars fan. My favorite character would probably be Yoda, he's green (one of my favorite colors), wise, and powerful in the Force.

But I also have to say... and I know this is an unpopular opinion... I didn't hate Jar Jar or the Ewoks. ::ducks the inevitable lightsaber attacks::

I am definitely a Star Wars fan. My favorite character would probably be Yoda, he's green (one of my favorite colors), wise, and powerful in the Force.

But I also have to say... and I know this is an unpopular opinion... I didn't hate Jar Jar or the Ewoks. ::ducks the inevitable lightsaber attacks::
Yoda was awesome too :) I loved the Ewoks and while Jar jar was annoying he was very good at the comedy relief and for being a CGI character he was one of the most talked about characters in the newer movies.

Funafuti

DTVUSA Member
I grew up on the original trilogy and was excited for, but eventually disappointed by, the prequels. Despite having been burnt in the past I am once again excited for the new films. Regardless, if I had to pick a favorite character it would be R2-D2. I love that he's in all six films, has seen it all and played a critical role in almost every plot development, yet remains somewhat mysterious. He's one of the few in the prequels who couldn't be accused of bad acting, although the whole flying thing seemed a bit much.

So, for me, it came down to him or Chewbacca. But I'll stick with R2.

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
I have only been to one drive in, it was actually really fun. Now as far as being a star wars fan. Ya that is not me. But my husband on the other hand..... Ya, shall we say, overboard? LOL But if I had to choose a character, mine is the little green guy... Have no idea what his name is. But I love the way he talks. Also my husband does a very very good impression of him.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
I like the original trilogy and naturally enjoy all 3 leads but I guess Luke is my favorite of the 3. I wonder if Mark, Carrie, and Harrison will appear in the next one. Their ages fit the upcoming movie. Could be interesting!

I am 40 years old so that means I am one of the original Star Wars movie goers. I can remember seeing the first Stars Movie ever at a local Drive In. For those of you that are younger, a drive in is an outdoor movie screen that you pull your car into and watch a movie. Fun times indeed and it is a shame there are not many left.

if you are actually 40 that means you would not even remeber seeing them in theaters. i dont care how good your memory may be but there is no chance you remembber seeing it when you were 3 or 4....

Empire Strikes Back was my favorite to watch in the theater...Return of the Jedi I've probably seen the most...favorite character is of course, Chewy :)

I watched all of the pre-quels, but didn't care a lot for them. Looking forward to the next 2-3 Star Wars movies to come out!

Cadus

DTVUSA Member
This is going to expose some of my nerd-dom, but my favorite character is from the novels: Darth Bane. He's the one that invented the Rule of 2, that there are always to be only two Sith alive at any given time, one to have the power and the other to crave it. The concept is really innovative in terms of storytelling, and it blew my mind when I related it to the movies and realized that it applied throughout. I love evil in stories when it is done well.

if you are actually 40 that means you would not even remeber seeing them in theaters. i dont care how good your memory may be but there is no chance you remembber seeing it when you were 3 or 4....
I actually do remember it quite vividly. Not sure why I wouldn't have a clear memory of when I was 4. I have several clear memories of my childhood. That's not a rare thing many people do. My wife can give a clear description of the apartment she lived in when she was 3 she still remembers opening her Baby Beth doll at Christmas when she was 3. I'm not sure why this seems impossible.....

Tell me how the heck you like Jar Jar Binks. He got to power through luck, messed stuff up by giving the Chancelor extra power, and he's sooooo annoying.
No ONE likes jar jar binks this guy is trolling hoping for a response. Even George Lucas has publicly stated jar jar was not a good character which is why he moved him to a minor role for #2 and #3

No ONE likes jar jar binks this guy is trolling hoping for a response. Even George Lucas has publicly stated jar jar was not a good character which is why he moved him to a minor role for #2 and #3
He was a terrible character. I honestly could not stand to hear him speak, it was just a very goofy addition. There has always been humor in the movies but that was just a ridiculous choice.

B

boba fett

He was a terrible character. I honestly could not stand to hear him speak, it was just a very goofy addition. There has always been humor in the movies but that was just a ridiculous choice.
no argument there brother. MEESA WANT HIM TO SHUT THE F*CK UP!

MMkaho

DTVUSA Member
Tell me how the heck you like Jar Jar Binks. He got to power through luck, messed stuff up by giving the Chancelor extra power, and he's sooooo annoying.
IDk really i guess it would have to be the way hes portrayed oddball abnormal type a little thrown off I love those kind of characters