Group Living

tennantm

DTVUSA Rookie
Is there help for residents living in Personal Care, Nursing Homes and Assistede Living Home, all places do not have cable, how can these residents get coupons since it is only one order per household?

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
On the Government's DTV Webpage, I found the following info under the Coupon Program: Getting a Coupon, Item #12:
On April 24, 2008, NTIA published a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) and Request for Comment in the Federal Register that proposes to waive the “eligible household” and application requirements in section 47 C.F.R. § 301.3(e) for individuals residing in nursing homes or other senior care facilities, subject to alternative application requirements. The Agency is working expeditiously to complete this rulemaking.
This is the only reference I could find regarding nursing home, group home, and assisted living occupants. I would suggest contacting someone with the converter coupon program to help get your facility ready for the digital transition by clicking here.

If possible, keep us updated on your progress with getting the coupons. If I find any more information, I'll be sure to add it here as well.