Hallmark Channel

aclowers

DTVUSA Member
What are some of your favorite shows on the Hallmark Channel? We love to watch the family based shows such as Touch By An Angel, Little House on the Prairie and The Waltons. Yes, I know some of these programs may not be relevant to today's society, but I want my children to be exposed to how children used to grow and maybe they might not be as likely to take everything for granted.

Now, of course this channel has something for everybody. Not just the traditional values shows. They also have murder mysteries, movies, etc. What are some of the shows you enjoy on this versatile channel?

acwriter

DTVUSA Member
I like watching the movies that the Hallmark Channel puts out every year, especially around Thanksgiving and Christmas. They also have great movies year round. The Love Comes Softly series comes to mind. I read the book series several times growing up and even though the story line doesn't stay true to the books, I still enjoy watching the movies. Dale Midkiff is a great actor, no matter what he plays in.

jigyasa

DTVUSA Member
I stopped getting the reception of The Hallmark Channel a while ago. But I loved the movies they showcased and the TV series were so authentic. I like Mc Leod's Daughters back then.

iluvtv

DTVUSA Member
I agree with the above posters, the Hallmark Channel has good family quality programming. I don't think I have had to worry about anything we have seen on there as far as the kids being in the room. It is getting more rare, to find good quality shows that you can watch as a family.

datadee

DTVUSA Member
I work full time, but I like to put the Hallmark channel on when I'm doing my house cleaning on Saturday. I, too love the movies around the holidays.

iluvtv

DTVUSA Member
I so look forward to this time of the year on the Hallmark Channel. I go through the channel line-ups every few days as we get closer to Christmas, to make sure I record all the seasonal movies. I have watched some of them a few times, and after awhile it gets old. So, I look forward to the new ones every year, even though there are a few that I watched as a tradition.

acwriter

DTVUSA Member
Well, it is that time of the year again. Hallmark is one of my favorite channels to watch during the Christmas season. I go through every few days and set the upcoming Christmas movies to record. Yes, I have watched some of the same movies every year. But, I really enjoy them. What are some of your favorite Hallmark Christmas movies and are they a tradition that you watch them every year? A couple of my favorites are The Timepiece and The Christmas box with JohnBoy (oops, Richard Thomas) :eek:.

jamesb

DTVUSA Member
My family used to watch a lot on the Hallmark channel when we were living in Florida. You never have to worry about your kids seeing the wrong thing when viewing this channel.