Hallmark's 'Cedar Cove' Renewed Prompting MacDowell & Others to Flock to Twitter

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
Hallmark Channel has scored a winner with its Saturday night drama 'Cedar Cove' which has just been renewed for a second season. Taking place in a picturesque setting, the show stars Andie MacDowell, Dylan Neal, Teryl Rothery, Sarah Smyth, and Bruce Boxleitner among others. The large ensemble cast mixes well to blend small town life with believable everyday dramas.

The news of the renewal was quickly lauded on Twitter by various cast members. Co-star Sebastian Spence wrote, "thanx for all the love ... Made this cowboy smile ... Heartfelt thanx and appreciation..." while Boxleitner shared a few tweets including, "Congrats! So happy that @cedarcovetv is picked up for season2. Xo"

Recurring player Barbara Niven wrote, "We got the news today: #CedarCoveTV is officially renewed 4 Season 2 thx to you fans! Hip hip hooray! We <3 U!" and former 'Stargate SG-1' star Rothery told her fans, "Ok peeps. I'm so excited.....WE GET A SECOND SEASON OF CEDAR COVE!!!! Thanks to you. Your support means sooo much!! Love you all!!!"

MacDowell, who appears as the focal character of the hour long show, tweeted, "I want to congratulate all my amazing co stars on @cedarcovetv & thank @hallmarkchannel for their commitment our beautiful show much LOVE."

Twitter is a common place to find the stars of this series as many of them are online during both the east coast and west coast airings every week.

The show has been very successful for Hallmark in its 8pm slot on Saturdays. It is, in fact, the highest rated hour on cable television at that time. It is based on a series of books by author Debbie Macomber. She provided her response to the renewal on her blog - http://debbiemacomber.com/blog/cedar-cove-season-2.

The second season of 'Cedar Cove' will be filmed in Vancouver during 2014.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...Twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter