Has anyone ever auditioned?

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
A friend of mine auditioned the third season, but didn't make it past the first round of judges. There is a long process you have to go through before you can even get to Simon, Paula, and Randy. She was a bit mad too because it seemed like they were looking for lots of joke acts and horrible singers, then were letting them through just so they could be aired for ratings.

Anyone else ever audition? If so how did it go?

acwriter

DTVUSA Member
That is a very good question. But alas, no I wouldn't have the nerve. I just don't have what it takes, to be humiliated on stage by someone who doesn't care about others feelings. Some people may get up there just to fool around and just for the fun and publicity. However, when I am on stage I put my heart into it as do others. They couldn't pay me enough to go through all that. But, I wish those well who do.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
I hear ya on that one. Too many people just don't care and would just try out for their 15 minutes of fame or to meet the judges. Not me ! My sister would have actually tried out, but she doesn't meet the age requirements, so she is gonna try for America's Got Talent instead.

toby

DTVUSA Member
i don't have the talent nor the patience to go through an american idol audition. i could definitely see how they would prefer the joke acts in order to boost ratings....

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
i don't have the talent nor the patience to go through an american idol audition. i could definitely see how they would prefer the joke acts in order to boost ratings....

I like watching the joke acts and all, but I think it's unfair how hundreds of people with better talent get turned away when they have already filled all the slots, and half of those slots are filled up with people who are there only to boost the show's ratings.