HDTV Help

I bought a new Vizio TV last week and hooked it up completely and almost everything works great. Sometimes on ABC and NBC I get high definition but at certain times of the day it will switch back to regular TV. But PBS is always HD and I never have a problem with that channel. Do I have the settings wrong?

CptlA

DTVUSA Member
I bought a new Vizio TV last week and hooked it up completely and almost everything works great. Sometimes on ABC and NBC I get high definition but at certain times of the day it will switch back to regular TV. But PBS is always HD and I never have a problem with that channel. Do I have the settings wrong?
Like Divxhacker said, not all programming is broadcasted in High Definition. Sometimes a show will be in HD, but when there's a commercial break, all of the commercials are in Standard Digital. It's all dependent on the station broadcasting the show. After the transition, we'll probably see more and more HD stuff.

ercjncpr

DTVUSA Member
Many HDTV sets will display shows, commercials etc, only in the exact format that the station/cable network is sending out. If they are transmitting a program in 4x3 format, that's is the way you will receive it on a "widescreen set" , with pillar boxes (black bars) on the sides.