Question: heavy rain and reception problems

scandiskwindows9x

Moderator of DTV Latino
i have a question

here right now well at 9:41 PM is raining heavily and i am seeing now in the television with DTV on channel 13 HD video artifacts and motions gets slow, this is by the heavy rain or is my antenna or other factor?

the signal fluctuactes from 100% and then 51% and then again 100% and 51%

is a antenna thing, or is time to upgrade to a better antenna?

best regards

Francisco

re_nelson

DTVUSA Member
here right now well at 9:41 PM is raining heavily and i am seeing now in the television with DTV on channel 13 HD video artifacts and motions gets slow, this is by the heavy rain or is my antenna or other factor?
For what it's worth, I have found that reception on VHF at my location actually improves during heavy rain. On the other hand, UHF is unchanged. As long as lightning (with its impulse noise) doesn't accompany the rain, a good solid rain is a plus on channels 8, 9, 11 and 12 here.

The noteworthy point is that my antenna system is located in the attic, so it's free from being directly affected by the weather.

scandiskwindows9x

Moderator of DTV Latino
well the channel 13 is in the 24 UHF and the Virtual is 13.1 HD -13.2

is not possible put in an attic because the Chilean style of houses do not exist the attic

Last edited:

re_nelson

DTVUSA Member
is not possible put in an attic because the Chilean style of houses do not exist the attic
An attic install is, of course, generally frowned upon.

But I'm in a good signal area and my roofing material is just old-style shingles without a radiant barrier so I've just been lucky in that regard. And it allows me to more readily tweak the configuration and experiment with a variety of antennas.