HELLLLPPPPP!!! Lost all channels

DTVnotworking

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Like i wasnt annoyed already about all the consumer products ive been using for years being changed or taken away after years of buying them you cant even rely on something thats been around for what 80 + years...

so its the 12th and now the only stations i get are 2 and 13 and 24 45 and 54.. 4 5 7 9 11 20 and 50 are gone .. ive re scanned and nothing... ive even got a matching Magnavox convertor hooked up to my Magnavox TV... so whats the problem??? ive had teh convertor hooked up for at least 5 or 6 months now but only used it on stations i had no choice like 45 that went to DTV early.. channels 50 and 20 have never worked on DTV and 5 7 9 did once then went away.. NOW ive got nothing HELPPPP!!!... whats going on and how do i fix it and please dont say re scan.. the same things happening on my large digital TV in the livingroom... Yes i do have a digital anntenna hooked up to the Maganavox which does absolutely nothing different than the analog antenna its actually worse... I dont have cable we cant get it on our side of the street for some crazy reason or else i would... is this only happening to people who dont have cable???

my recpetion info from my house
TV Fool

O-O

DTVUSA Member
At what height do you have your antenna installed? Looks like you have some hills, trees, or something blocking your Line of Sight from the towers.

Piggie

Super Moderator
At what height do you have your antenna installed? Looks like you have some hills, trees, or something blocking your Line of Sight from the towers.
If someone doesn't put in a height on TVFool, it defaults to the FCC standard for figuring TV stations range of an home antenna at 30 ft.

Now that is silly as 30 ft is where erecting an antenna get difficult. Most people never get over 20 ft and think that is high. And it is high for an easy install and about as high as you can get without guy wires.

So what you on the posted TVFool is what the sky looks like at 30 ft.

For the best results from that plot, get it has high as possible. An amp at the antenna is needed and the outside antenna needs to be VHF/UHF. And then either choose from the stations from DC or Baltimore or get a rotor as well.

Actually it appears if you had a good antenna at 20 to 30 ft with a rotor you would receive a lot of channels.

ouch Magnavox that converter box is the worst of all of them, its tuner is really weak. I would continue to rescan to see if they come back they may have cut power for a short time during the change over.

DTVnotworking

DTVUSA Jr. Member
thnx ppl but it looks like its just what we gotta deal with now.. i did get SOME of the channels i wasnt getting but have totally lost all DC channels 4 5 7 and 9 .. i live right in between Baltimore and DC and used to have the advantage of getting both stations before this DTV mess... and the channels i complained about earlier SOMETIMES show up and other times dont.. like yesterday i was having a problem getting channel 11 but 13 was fine today exact opposite and not to mention the freezing and crap you gotta deal with now... still wondering if ppl with cable are having less problems

Last edited:

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
thnx ppl but it looks like its just what we gotta deal with now.. i did get SOME of the channels i wasnt getting but have totally lost all DC channels 4 5 7 and 9 .. i live right in between Baltimore and DC and used to have the advantage of getting both stations before this DTV mess... and the channels i complained about earlier SOMETIMES show up and other times dont.. like yesterday i was having a problem getting channel 11 but 13 was fine today exact opposite and not to mention the freezing and crap you gotta deal with now... still wondering if ppl with cable are having less problems
Yeah, I'm sure people with cable aren't having any problems, but then again they pay a monthly fee too. Is your antenna atleast a UHF/VHF antenna?

DTVnotworking

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Yeah, I'm sure people with cable aren't having any problems, but then again they pay a monthly fee too. Is your antenna atleast a UHF/VHF antenna?
are you talking about the indoor digital antenna i had to buy to hook up to the convertor box or the one on top of a house because i live in an apartment building and have no idea what kind of outside antenna they have set up... the indoor digital antenna is a tivax amplified uhf/vhf/hdtv/fm antenna