Question: help , don't even know if i'm in the right area

kelly

DTVUSA Rookie
I have an older sayno tv, which has been in the past hooked up to my dvd player via RF modulator, however with no man in my life, right now - I'll admit it, i'm clueless.
My dilema is:
my dvd player is hooked up to tv, which does have cable, the dvd plays movies, but does not record, what should i be hooking up, what am i doing wrong? I have all these pretty colored cables (yellow alone) then one with green red and white, and then another one with just red and white.....argh!
please help me get my dvd player hooked up right so it will record...:behindsofa:

dkreichen1968

Staff member
Do you know if the DVD recorder has a cable tuner in it, or have you been recording the video from the cable box?

Are you using the modulator for the output of the DVD recorder now? Does your TV just have a coax connector, or does it have (red, white, yellow) or (red, green, blue) inputs also?

kelly

DTVUSA Rookie
No i think I have recorded before without having cable.
right now i'm not using the modulator - but if i remember correctly i needed it at my previous place, the modulator has:
one yellow (video in) one red (R) and one white (L) = audio in - then to cable kind of hook ups one says to to, the other says to ant in.
Back of dvd player....two more of the cable things, one saysRF in - the other RF out.
It also has , know what this is too tough to explain, do you have an email i could send a pic of my situation?
thanks

dkreichen1968

Staff member
What make and model is it?
Yes, if we know the make and model of the DVD recorder we can look the manual up online. The other thing we'd need is the make and model of the TV or simply whether it just has a coax (RF/cable) input, or if the TV also has RCA composite (red, white, yellow) or componet (red, blue, green).