Help with antenna selection

keno

DTVUSA Rookie
I would like some help selecting an antenna. I currently have satellite. To test reception I put together a 4 bay bowtie (no solder, stripped an old coax and twisted the wires to connect to the antenna and placed it in a window near a TV). I was was able to pick up all strong signals listed in my TVfool report

TV Fool

except vhf channel 12. Which was to be expected. Some of the signals would break up occasionally. I was considering a Winegard 7694 or 7697. Is the larger antenna overkill? I really do not see needing the weaker signals. I will be feeding three televisions; two about fifty feet from the antenna and another 80 to 100 feet away. What type of splitter would be needed?
This forum community has already helped me learn a lot

Thanks

I think the Winegard 7694 would be a good choice. On the signal split keep in mind a 3 way is normally not a balance split. If you are using existing coax it may not have been installed in away that keeps losses to a minimum.
How Much Signal Do I Lose Going Through A Splitter? – Support
The lowest loss side needs to be on the longest cable run.
I have to admire your ingenuity in taking time to put something together and giving it a try even if it's not right. If you have the time, tools, and skills a well designed and correctly built 4 bay may be all of the antenna you will need. While I am not one who recommends an UHF antenna to receive VHF signals your channel 12 signal should be strong enough to be received on a well built 4 bay.
http://www.dtvusaforum.com/dtv-hdtv...9-kosmic-antennas-superquad-4-bay-bowtie.html
DIY TV Antennas 4 bays, 2 bays, Kits and more
Keep in mind some commercial built 4 bay antennas use baluns that will not pass VHF signals. Your direct connect 4 bay could cause signal problems even on UHF channels.
Steve