Help with TVFOOL results!

rj11248

DTVUSA Rookie
First off here is my TV Fool results.

TV Fool

I have borrowed a DB 4 Antenna. I currently have the antenna in my attic. I have not been getting any different stations based on how it is turned. I always get

I am trying to get WBAL-TV, and WJZ-TV they are both listed in the same direction and are 73.3 miles away. Here in this area it is fairly flat and actually part of the distance is over water for about 20 miles of it.

My friend has also let my use/try a channel master 0747 Antenna Amplifier and channel master 7775 preamplifier.

I was wondering if I get a directional antenna like the 91xg if you think that is possible and if so how high would I need the antenna have to be?

Last edited:

dkreichen1968

Staff member
WBAL is on real channel 11 and WJZ is on real channel 13. Those are High VHF channels. The DB4 and 91XG are UHF antennas, and therefore they aren't going to get those channels at those signal strengths. You need either a combo antenna or a VHF hi antenna such as a Winegard YA 1713 Prostar 1000 connected to the DB4 with a UHF VHF Band Separator/Combiner for Antenna (UVSJ) (I'd think that would be prefered since you can adjust each antenna separately). The VHF hi antenna may need to be on the roof. Antennas Direct also has their C5 compact VHF hi antenna that comes with a UVSJ. The signal levels that TVfool predicts are low, so a bigger antenna would be better. Also, do you have any interest in WNDC-LP? You would need a VHF low antenna for that.

Last edited: