Help

I purchased a RCA Digital Flat amplified antenna designed for DTV and I have a converter box I've been scanning and rescanning several times and it only loads channel 4,5,33 and several Spanishstations, and cycling programs not 8,11 21, 27. Can anyone help me my email is gbass@digitex.net Please help me TV is my life and this is my bedroon TV, and I go to bed early and watch TV.Thank You!!!!!

I purchased a RCA Digital Flat amplified antenna designed for DTV and I have a converter box I've been scanning and rescanning several times and it only loads channel 4,5,33 and several Spanishstations, and cycling programs not 8,11 21, 27. Can anyone help me my email is gbass@digitex.net Please help me TV is my life and this is my bedroon TV, and I go to bed early and watch TV.Thank You!!!!!
Like P.T. Barnum said, a sucker is born every minute.

There is no such thing as a Digital antenna. Nor is there a antenna designed for DTV.

Again and again, I will repeat myself.

Your analog channel was VHF and now it is UHF.

UHF does not go through walls, buildings, over mountains, through leaves in trees. It is line of sight.

If you cannot get it, chances are you need a outdoors antenna and a television rotor, good wire and a professional to install it for you.

Chances are, once you find out what the cost is going to be, you will refuse to spend the money and will have the cable turned on. so I will not get into what antenna you would need or any of the other particulars.

Like P.T. Barnum said, a sucker is born every minute.

There is no such thing as a Digital antenna. Nor is there a antenna designed for DTV.

Again and again, I will repeat myself.

Your analog channel was VHF and now it is UHF.

UHF does not go through walls, buildings, over mountains, through leaves in trees. It is line of sight.

If you cannot get it, chances are you need a outdoors antenna and a television rotor, good wire and a professional to install it for you.

Chances are, once you find out what the cost is going to be, you will refuse to spend the money and will have the cable turned on. so I will not get into what antenna you would need or any of the other particulars.
The RCA flat antenna is not a "terrible" antenna...I mean, a lot of us in the "know" have taken the time to research this stuff because it's kind of a hobby. We have to remember that this is not a typical Home Theater Forum where most posters eat, sleep, and live for A/V products.

What did I say, UHF does not receive well through walls, trees, hills, buildings etc.

It's receive range is about 40 miles. The way it was explained to me was that if you had a transmitter 1000 feet above average terrain - not height above sea level, and you had a receive antenna that was on a tower 1000 feet above average terrain, you will receive a signal.

UHF is line of sight transmission.

The easiest way I can explain it to you is with a cell phone.

Cell phones transmit and receive on a frequency between 869 Mhz and 913 mhz.
How far apart do you think that a cell phone tower is in a cell area? Never more than 20 miles. It is usually about 10 or less in a residential area - if they can get permission to build one every where they need one.

How many times have you held your phone and had no signal, or only one or two bars? How many times have you held your phone and could see the tower and still only had one or two bars?

How much power do you think that your cell phone transmits?
My guess would be anywhere between 1/2 a watt and 3 watts for a really old cell phone. Battery life depends on how much power it uses to transmit.

How long is the antenna in a cell phone? Anywhere from 1/2 an inch to 3 inches. Why is that ? Because of the length of a half wave and quarter wave of it's signal - which is high - which means that the signal is short, and so must the antenna to be in tune with the frequency.

A inside antenna worked with analog television because analog was mostly in the low VHF frequency's.

DTV is mostly in the UHF frequency's and is harder to receive and so it requires several times more transmit power to be received the same distance as the old analog VHF signal. It is line of sight, which means when you get over the horizon you have a hard time receiving it. Eventually it goes out into space - never to be seen again.

VHF followed the ground and could be received for many miles with a low power transmitter and a high antenna and could be received with a small antenna and poor quality wire. It wasn't very particular.

Radios operating in the very low range - such as on a submarine, can even transmit for thousands of miles under water.