Hey Everyone: New category, Internet Television

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
I decided to add this category to the forum since Internet TV is becoming so popular and controversial. If you'd like to know more about Internet Television, visit this wiki article.

Here are the rules for this category:

Your thread or post will be deleted if you

1. Post a link or reference to an illegal or copyrighted television show being broadcasted from an other internet webpage.

2. Spam the board with offers to watch free television shows

That's it, let me know if you have any other questions by Private Messaging me.

There's a website called TVU that I used to use to watch sports over the Internet. Then the station that was doing the broadcasts asked that it be pulled from the TVU lineup. Bummer. Although there are several English speaking stations, the majority are from Asia.

teresa

DTVUSA Member
I prefer to use the internet for research and work. I'll leave the tv watching for the tv set. I think my mind would get confused and not allow me to enjoy whatever program I was watching on the net.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
I think I am actually the opposite. I can find the things I want on the internet better than I can on television lately. I mean I still love t.v. too, but you can't see any older music videos anymore amongst other things.

One of the things I like about Internet tv is that I can watch shows in a specific language. I'm currently studying Mandarin and through the Internet, I can watch shows in Mandarin to help sharpen my skills.

One of the things I like about Internet tv is that I can watch shows in a specific language. I'm currently studying Mandarin and through the Internet, I can watch shows in Mandarin to help sharpen my skills.
Mandarin! That's a tough language to learn if your first language is English. A friend of mine took 2 semesters of Mandarin in college, and said that there were so many different characters and words to study!

calvindale

DTVUSA Member
Internet TV is really cool, but watching on the TV with your family is still the best.:D
and also in my own experience internet TV could really help when your studying any foreign language as for now I am able to understand a bit of Nihongo and I can watch Naruto without any English sub.:)

Taki

DTVUSA Member
I prefer to watch my tv shows on the internet. less advertising and I can watch the shows whenever I have the time. My time and schedule are very important to me and I was missing a lot of content I really wanted to watch but it was never on when I had the time to watch it.